Notices

Thread: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police 
    today as part of bike awareness. Be careful out there if you're in that area.

2. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police 
    Diamond Member
    Good job I am the other way down in Chobham, Surrey

3. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police 
    Seen this on the news this morning, they made it sound like it was a friendly stop and chat thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were snatching people for dodgy plates and exhausts as well if the opportunity arose!

4. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset po 
    I would imagine this is a PR exercise aimed at dealing with minor offences by way of a 'friendly' warning. They will obviously be scrutinising bikes generally as part of the campaign but as long as you're not breaking the law then you needn't have too much to worry about.

They are obviously doing it for a reason, coming into the height of the biking season, with many forces suffering with bike fatality numbers on the up.

5. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset po 
    Quote Originally Posted by schwee
    I would imagine this is a PR exercise aimed at dealing with minor offences by way of a 'friendly' warning. They will obviously be scrutinising bikes generally as part of the campaign but as long as you're not breaking the law then you needn't have too much to worry about.

They are obviously doing it for a reason, coming into the height of the biking season, with many forces suffering with bike fatality numbers on the up.
    What she said

6. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    Seen this on the news this morning, they made it sound like it was a friendly stop and chat thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were snatching people for dodgy plates and exhausts as well if the opportunity arose!

Well thats what they're paid to do... Would not expect any less... IMHO Generally find majority of Police are fine... Not sure about that schwee ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset po 
    They were doing some random stops in avebury not so long ago. Well wiltshire police were. So be careful. They gave a friend of mine three tickets =[

8. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE
    [quote author=noisy_lightning link=1242718455/0#2 date=1242722644]Seen this on the news this morning, they made it sound like it was a friendly stop and chat thing, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were snatching people for dodgy plates and exhausts as well if the opportunity arose!

Well thats what they're paid to do... Would not expect any less... IMHO Generally find majority of Police are fine... Not sure about that schwee ;D ;D ;D [/quote]

OI!!

9. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset po 
    It's just been on points west, and they used the video from the bikesafe website...ridiculous!

10. Re: Bikers to be targetted by Avon and Somerset police 
    ONFIRE
    Sorry ma'am
    8-)