Notices

Thread: I wrote off my car :(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Merci

2. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Well I have to hold my hands up and say I was too close, I usually keeo a gap when I stop and I dont drive right up peoples bums as I know how horrible that it when it happens to me especially when i'm on a bike. But this time it was a case of lack of concentration. Luckily I dont have a BMW ;D

3. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    i have a vauxhall zafira just to let u know lol deff not a bmw!!!!

4. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTasker
    [quote author=Iceman link=1241983952/15#16 date=1242120345]..well I've been tailgated twice and sorry but it's caused by driving too close to the vehicle in front! "stop gaps" are law for good reason and both times the offending driver thought I was moving off,again poor judgement and lack of situational awareness! Do that on a bike and the outcome can be a lot worse! .. and no! I did not persue compensation nor involve the police and just agreed a repair fee between us! One of the drivers in fact "had borrowed" his dads' BMW and I let him off saying it's your lucky day mate even though I did take my wife to casualty for"whiplash"! Moneys' not everything and I agree there is people out there that probably try to induce a rear impact and claim "whiplash". safe riding and driving and keep that"safe zone" between you and the other vehicle! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    God sorry to stereotype anyone here but BMW drivers are by far the most ignorant, irresponsible down right retarded drivers on the road...... i DESPISE THEM. Every morning i have some pompous tw*t come screeming up behind me on the outside lane sitting inches off my bumber as im clearly overtaking and the only reason there's a considerable gap between me and the car infront is a dont drive like a moron. I tend to drop down to 50 mile an hour then and when they go to undertake boot it (drive a 350 Z by the way) so they get stuck in the middle lane

Sorry to hear bout the write off but got to agree with iceman on this one, only reason rear shunts generally happen is people sitting too close and/or switching off. I almost done it the other day coming off the M4, Chippenhame roundabout, some old dear was infront and started to go, i looked right and all was clear looked ahead and she'd stalled so had to slam on. Hope you get it sorted soon tho, is a pain in the arris[/quote]

love driving my BMW 3 series

5. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    And i also like driving my BMW 530 :P
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

6. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Cocks :P

7. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Glad to hear you're OK, that's the main thing after all.

Regarding the BMW thing, it appears that biking Beemer owners are the most careful bods on the road, riding like a police officer instructors sensible older brother, ;D which begs the question how come the car preferring versions "can" seem to attract such a reputation??? I don't drive/ ride either by the way!

8. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Sorry gonna pee you off but i have no sympathy

KEEP YOUR DISTANCE

simple as that.

can you imagine if i did that driving a HGV which i have a licence for id end up going over the car and killing someone

if it moves shoot it with a camera

9. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    I did a defensive driving training course for work recently and it's surprising the number of little things you can pick up, despite driving for over 25 years and riding for over 30... :-?
    The instructor on the day said that most collisions between vehicles happen at junctions (stating the obvious a bit there), and most of those are tail-gates, usually dozy eejits not paying attention and unable to stop in time > A really useful tip he gave was that when stopped, even if the handbrake is on, leave your foot on the brake so that the brake lights are illuminated - that way it makes your stationary presence a little more obvious to the eejit approcahing from behind who's texting/phoning/tuning the radio/talking to the kids/picking his or her nose... a good tip [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    The instructor also said that bikers do tend to be far more alert to their surroundings when in a car (well, some of us I suppose, reading this... )
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    The main thing is you're okay mate. Metal can be replaced, a life can't.

If you do have to compensate him for injuries I'd smack him if I were you, at least that way you're actually paying for an injury then, not a fake ass one.