Quote Originally Posted by IanTasker
[quote author=Iceman link=1241983952/15#16 date=1242120345]..well I've been tailgated twice and sorry but it's caused by driving too close to the vehicle in front! "stop gaps" are law for good reason and both times the offending driver thought I was moving off,again poor judgement and lack of situational awareness! Do that on a bike and the outcome can be a lot worse! .. and no! I did not persue compensation nor involve the police and just agreed a repair fee between us! One of the drivers in fact "had borrowed" his dads' BMW and I let him off saying it's your lucky day mate even though I did take my wife to casualty for"whiplash"! Moneys' not everything and I agree there is people out there that probably try to induce a rear impact and claim "whiplash". safe riding and driving and keep that"safe zone" between you and the other vehicle! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
God sorry to stereotype anyone here but BMW drivers are by far the most ignorant, irresponsible down right retarded drivers on the road...... i DESPISE THEM. Every morning i have some pompous tw*t come screeming up behind me on the outside lane sitting inches off my bumber as im clearly overtaking and the only reason there's a considerable gap between me and the car infront is a dont drive like a moron. I tend to drop down to 50 mile an hour then and when they go to undertake boot it (drive a 350 Z by the way) so they get stuck in the middle lane

Sorry to hear bout the write off but got to agree with iceman on this one, only reason rear shunts generally happen is people sitting too close and/or switching off. I almost done it the other day coming off the M4, Chippenhame roundabout, some old dear was infront and started to go, i looked right and all was clear looked ahead and she'd stalled so had to slam on. Hope you get it sorted soon tho, is a pain in the arris[/quote]

love driving my BMW 3 series