Notices

Thread: I wrote off my car :(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. I wrote off my car :( 
    :'( Well I managed to write off my car on Friday. I was at a roundabout and there were 2 cars infront of me the first pulled away and I looked at the guy infront who started to pull away then looked right and started to move forward. By the time I looked ahead again the guy decided he wasnt going to go and stopped and I went right up his backside. He was in a freelander and I broke 2 rear lights > > > AND the pompous bloomin man who was in it got out and decided that he has whiplash!!! He called the police and they had to call an ambulance and I just found out that even the paramedics were doubting if he was hurt. Some people will do anything for a bit of money >

On the plus side I now have to ride my bike to work everyday. Downside is that its an hour each way and i'm not looking forward to the rain

2. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Platinum Member
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D as long as your ok mate, at least you have done ya crash for this year ;D ;D so this makes it 4 years in a row

3. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Nightmare HMB.

Just goes to show the sad state of affairs of people nowadays, always on the lookout for the quick buck.

Let me guess, your insurance company were only too pleased to write off your car? That gets my goat as well.

Main thing is that you're ok. Let's hope the weather stays good for your bike commuting
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    My insurance company don't know yet. Have been away this weekend so they will find out tomorrow but the chassis I think is bent and everything has been pushed up. The bonest is crumpled to bits and the front bumper is bent up so theres now way it will get fixed.

What annoys me is it was clearly an accident and he can see i'm a young looking female and still decided to make some money out of me. Never mind, oh its only 2 lights out just give me £50 to cover costs he then says well i think you bent the back door ill need to replace the whole door and wheel too! > I took pics and there are no visible dents. grrr.

The police called the house later than night to check if I was ok. thats was nice of them [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Platinum Member
    that is bad news HMB but the main thing is your ok,i agree with R1chie does sound like the person you hit is on the make,how times have changed i had the same sort of accident nearly 30 years ago i was on my farthers insurance at the time so didnt want to claim off the insurance i explained this to the person i hit and they were happy for me to pay for the damage out of my own pocket

6. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Diamond Member
    nasty to hear that! glad your okay though! i know all to well about writeing off cars ive had 7 cars and have wrote 6 off including my mates fiesta lol, not manged to prang me foci yet (touch wood)

7. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Its bad that everyone automatically goes out to claim everything they possibly can these days. Medical proof will be required though for him to get whiplash claim to go through, and if the damage on the car doesn't imply a high enough speed impact to induce the damage then it should get thrown out.

Sorry to hear about the accident though, not had the misfortune to hit another car yet in 7 odd years of driving, only thing I have hit so far was a Deer at 70mph, thankfully only a baby!

8. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Platinum Member
    do you know if ya getting it fixed yet, or are you looking for a new car?? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to hear that....at least you have the bike...

10. Re: I wrote off my car :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo
    do you know if ya getting it fixed yet, or are you looking for a new car?? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Its beyond repair. So I will have to get a new one but I have just brought the new bike so I cant afford one at the moment. I don't think I want one just yet with my bad luck at the moment. Thats 3 out of 5 cars I have written off and my 4th or 5th crash in about 4 years