Notices

Thread: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    lol..was at avebury a few years ago when the 21st was a weds and clashed with the bike nite, bloody peeps dressed as trees!!!

but what spoiled it for me was the police, they were more interested in brand new bikes, than old hippie rust buckets, that had not seen an mot centre in years!! :-/

2. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    typically I have to drive to andover this evening...gonna bypass the 303 and go through shrewton but spect I'll still get stuck :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    I was there - No problems at all if you were on a bike

4. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    I have to say I was shocked to see the state people left the palce in, litter strewn everywhere around the stones.

I'm not a tree or stone hugger in anyway, but if this is the way people treat one of our historic monuments then they should put the barriers back up and stop people getting to them.

Once more the scum ruin it for everyone who played by the rules, a sad thing to see.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

5. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    Wot I saw..................

I went because I live in the area and have never been - so I went (plus I was taking pix for a mag).

There was a varied mix of people - a lot of older people and foriegners.

Then there were the hippy types.

Last there was a lot of student types and clubbers. People were crashed out on the grass all over - pissed out of their brains.

The actual solstice moment (4.58) went by un-noticed by the majority.

I actually arrived at 4am and every single person entering the car park was given a bin bag for rubbish - so they knew it was gonna happen.

The place was a filthy mess before I even got too the stones.

Can't believe how people today just chuck their crap on the ground and don't care

This area was called a gathering area (by English Heritage) for music, poetry and meditation..........

6. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    Diamond Member
    HIPPYS, GOD DAMN HIPPYS :-/

7. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    I'm not a tree hugger either not really into this whole carbon footprint thing as i dont think we know enough to judge - but if people cant treat places with respect then they should not be allowed near them.

They dont just leave trash lying around their homes!!! so why is it acceptable to dump it at SH?

8. Re: Avoid Stonehenge this weekend 
    Diamond Member
    take them all to one side and throw a grenade in with them I say.....Tree Huggin Hippes.....