Notices

Thread: British Gas are a shambles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. British Gas are a shambles 
    Platinum Member
    I have insurance for my boiler which has decided to play up and heat the radiators when the heatings turned off

Using my insurance they arrange for an engineer to arrive between 12 and 6 - ok I suppose so book the afternoon off sat waiting all afternoon to recieve a call at 5.40 to say were not coming out due to over worked engineers - too many tea breaks and scamming old ladies more like.

Not happy so called back and they can make a 2 hour booking at my conveniance - why couldn't they do that 1st time?

Lets see if they fix it or will I have to wait for them to come back when the parts are in.....prob 4 weeks time :-/

More pissed as they didn't apologise for my time waiting etc should send the tossers a bill at their hourly rate.

and they asked if I wanted to upgrade my cover for plumbing and electrics - wonder what my answer will be :

2. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    Platinum Member
    ...had exactly the same problem and waited in with no one turning up! Got a cheque for £20 as comp for my wasted time and they called a week later! You gotta squeeze them by the b**lls!!!

..the repair by the way was a jammed "electric" valve in the airing cupboard causing the radiators to heat up instead of bypassing for the water!

3. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    Try for some comp. They can only say no. 20 quid is better than nothing.

Good luck.
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

4. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    worth having a moan and groan at them....could even fib a little and tell them u lost pay at work for taking time off and u will have to do it again when they eventually turn up next time......go 4 it ...you've got nowt to lose [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    worth having a moan and groan at them....could even fib a little and tell them u lost pay at work for taking time off and u will have to do it again when they eventually turn up next time......go 4 it ...you've got nowt to lose [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It woukdn't be a fib - I have lost money waiting in for them

I've emailed a customer complaint over with a request of compensation - if I get no joy I'll send another and another and call every few hours

Was going to get a quote for a new boiler as I've had a few problems with this one but they can screw that I'll go elsewhere

6. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    Diamond Member
    Hi Stu, I have used Mark Lewis and Heatwise for doing my service and in the old house I had Mark Lewis install the boiler at half the price than BG and he also works for BG as they dont have enough engineers he gets contracted in by them.

7. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    Hi Stu, I have used Mark Lewis and Heatwise for doing my service and in the old house I had Mark Lewis install the boiler at half the price than BG and he also works for BG as they dont have enough engineers he gets contracted in by them.
    Can you pm me a number for him just incase I do have to go the new boiler route [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    changing a boiler can work out costly as new regs state the whole heating system has to be upgraded to current regs, so make sure u get written quotes that include this work as u may find it difficult if u want to sell the property in the future

9. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    Diamond Member
    PM'd you Stu

10. Re: British Gas are a shambles 
    ONFIRE
    Stu, If need be when you pop over... I can introduce you to my neighbour R1 Ray he is a registered Corgi gas jobby (Ex - BG) . Great Bloke. 8-)