Notices

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Platinum Member
    I have changed jobs since I last posted on this thread, jacked the job I hated in IT to go truck driving. Then just as I was going to start driving class 1 trucks I got offered another job in IT (4am start or 9am start so I stayed in IT. I enjoy this job)

I still want to do truck driving at some point as a full time job and ditch IT (but then the grass is always greener on the other side)

2. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    well nothing at the moment, was also in IT, worked at oxford uni as a systems/network admin, ran my own small business support company for a year or so, then ill health forced me to stop working and took me off the road for 3 years or so.

BUT

I saw the doctor on monday, and he agrees that I can finally return to work, and I have a few appointments to get myself started back into employment again, just need to find a low stress job that pays a reasnoble wage, and not peanuts!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

3. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Sue600
    Quote Originally Posted by davemcmorrow
    Work for Panasonic in Salisbury so basically watch tv all day ;D
    Initially I thought... what a great job! then I thought about what there is to watch on tv... hmmm dont think I would enjoy that job very much still sounds better than some jobs though ;D

4. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue600
    [quote author=davemcmorrow link=1178540343/60#72 date=1213144136]Work for Panasonic in Salisbury so basically watch tv all day ;D
    Initially I thought... what a great job! then I thought about what there is to watch on tv... hmmm dont think I would enjoy that job very much still sounds better than some jobs though ;D [/quote]

Yeah, watchign daytime tv all day, every day, surely there must be a limit to how much jerry springer and trisha the mind can take before it curls up and dies!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

5. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Yeah got your point on daytime TV, it can get quite shicking.
    Thankfully we also sell DVD and Blu-Ray players so get to watch films as well

6. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Sue600
    Oh now I'm jealous! ;D Beats sitting in front of pc all day!

7. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    just a plain old excavator driver here, had 9 years as a car sprayer in honda in between, but back out on site work now and loving it, drive an ex 135 hitachi for me sins (that will baffle you lot now)

8. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_zx6r
    just a plain old excavator driver here, had 9 years as a car sprayer in honda in between, but back out on site work now and loving it, drive an ex 135 hitachi for me sins (that will baffle you lot now)
    A friend of mine drives a big 360, which does look alot of fun, he hired a small one to do his garden and I got to have a play on that, I have to say it looks like a wicked job to do!

9. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    it is a cool job i guess, get to knock down buildings and dig big holes i guess, but this is true..... if you can drive a little digger you can drive the biggest ones, as the small ones are harder

10. Re: What do you do for a living? 
    Diamond Member
    Ah well thats me out of that job then, as when my dad hired one so we could do his front driveway, I knocled the plastic box that hides the gas mains and what not off