Notices

Thread: Texting while driving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Texting while driving 
    This is what the punishment should be http://gizmodo.com/5348572/utah-now-...ears-in-prison

2. Re: Texting while driving 
    Never mind the bike! I avaerage 1000 miles a week and refuse to even answer my phone on hands free as it's a distraction. No matter what you never answer your phone as this will take your attention from the road. This should be shown after 9pm on every channel until the message gets across.

3. Re: Texting while driving 
    Diamond Member
    I cover around 2000 miles in a month by car. I never answer the phone while driving. The amount of people I see using a phone is incredible. Its's not just texting, blokes shaving, women putting on lippy.

They should make TV ads more gruesome to get the message home.

4. Re: Texting while driving 
    Chatterbox

Everything else is shyte

5. Re: Texting while driving 
    Platinum Member
    I had a white van pull onto a roundabout oblivious to me while I assume was texting at the time from the way he had one hand on the wheel and the other in his lap looking down!I beeped and he was still oblivious to my location.Deciding to follow on behind and overtake I then saw the mobile,beeped my horn as I eyeballed him and he carried on regardless! Another absolute plonker! If I had low sided because of him I would have given him a real battering,law or no law! The law is crap,weak and needs to enforce heavier sentences like instant 30 day bans or something to really frighten these motorists! As usual it takes a few nasty accidents to get the message home!

6. Re: Texting while driving 
    Personally I think if it was made more gruesome some would just think they were watching an episode of Casualty and marvel at the special effects. Getting the message home is the main thing... betting some still wont get the message though until they do something stupid and dangerous themselves... "it's always someone else who causes accidents" mentality.

7. Re: Texting while driving 
    Iv heard this Film is going to be shown at all schools to those who are old enough to drive.
    It was also shown on the BBC news,but only the bit with them tx and having the crash then they edited it to show ambulance arriving.
    ffs the very bit that prob would put people off from doing it, They cut out! Typical >