Ho hum, no getting to work for me today...

The site where I'm contracted out closed on the afternoon of the Monday before Christmas due to snow, and on the Tuesday I drove in without too much difficulty to find that it remained closed to all but essential staff. On the Wednessday I called the travel advice number to hear that it remained essential staff only, so I had an extra couple of days off before Crimbo

This morning I awoke to double the amount of snow we had before, eventually got through to the travel hotline to be told "site remains open for normal activities to those staff who can travel in safety" - not too ambivalent eh? :-? I decided to have a go, but couldn't even get off the estate, so gave it up as a bad job and came home (though I'm sure I could have made it on the dirt bike...)

I'm passing the time writing up my professional report towards chartership with the IMechE, and checking on here now and then.. oh, and re-lighting the boiler because the pilot light keeps going out, despite British Gas having been out to it about 6 times in the last 2 months... grrrr! >

What about the rest of you, anyone else stuck at home?