Notices

Thread: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    I could enter, but I would probably end up looking like one of those 'ladies' off of the kitchen towel advert (you know the one)

2. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    Platinum Member
    Anyway, why would I want to sponser an activity that is so blatantly discrimatory?
    Because it's for a good cause and you should put that before your frankly pathetic personal issues.
    Most people can see past it.

BTW - Just to make clear the legal situation.
    It's perfectly OK for individuals to discriminate in a private capacity.
    For example if I thorw a party I can decide to exlude trolls and miserable gits from my person party at my personal property.
    That's entirely my decision.
    The legislation is specific to public services, public transport etc. not to private parties.

If you really want to make a point you'd be better off doing it with good humour and making every one laugh
    e.g. Apply and dress up like a woman like Matt Lucas or David Walliams do.

Otherwise in this world where women, elderly and ethnic minorties suffer discrimination, then as a young male, you just come across as a bit pathetic to be honest especially when the main objective is to raise money for a good cause.

You may be a little young to fully appreciate it, but there is a legacy of damage done by decades of discrimination and "things" need to be done to undo it. If that good work. means that young white, middle class males, miss out on something once in a blue moon then so be it - whopee do - be a man and DEAL with it. It's not that many decades ago that women did not have an equal footing in careers and in some areas still don't. You seem to have little understanding of discrimination and the damage it has done. This event is just a bit of fun, encouraging women and trying to raise some money fior a good cause. It's a sad day when someone so privileged and protected from discrimination can't stop being a miserable git, just for one day. Lighten up FFS.
    BTW - You can't hit me - I'm a girl :P

3. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    Platinum Member
    I could enter, but I would probably end up looking like one of those 'ladies' off of the kitchen towel advert
    Exactly Kev.
    You made me laugh - the right approach.

Perhaps the two of you can go together

4. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Anyway, why would I want to sponser an activity that is so blatantly discrimatory?
    For example if I thorw a party I can decide to exlude trolls and miserable gits from my person party at my personal property.
    Now I know why I have never been invited round yours then. :'(

All I can say is that for the first time in over 30 years of various careers, I have a female boss and she is the bestest boss ever... creep creep. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Because it's for a good cause and you should put that before your frankly pathetic personal issues.

The legislation is specific to public services, public transport etc. not to private parties.

If you really want to make a point you'd be better off doing it with good humour and making every one laugh

Otherwise in this world where women, elderly and ethnic minorties suffer discrimination, then as a young male, you just come across as a bit pathetic to be honest especially when the main objective is to raise money for a good cause.

You may be a little young to fully appreciate it, but there is a legacy of damage done by decades of discrimination and "things" need to be done to undo it. If that good work. means that young white, middle class males, miss out on something once in a blue moon then so be it - whopee do - be a man and DEAL with it. It's not that many decades ago that women did not have an equal footing in careers and in some areas still don't. You seem to have little understanding of discrimination and the damage it has done. This event is just a bit of fun, encouraging women and trying to raise some money fior a good cause. It's a sad day when someone so privileged and protected from discrimination can't stop being a miserable git, just for one day. Lighten up FFS.
    Sir, thank you for your candid reply, but you really do not know enough about myself to voice your assumptions.

As a mixed race, albino, trans-sexual restricted height person, who has an Irish accent and a lisp who has recently converted to Islam, I have probably experienced more discrimination during the last half an hour than a any white, middle class inhabitant of a small provincial town has been subjected to in an entire lifetime.
    Additionally, as partly of Finno-Ugric extraction, I must object strongly to being accused of being a troll, as this is as objectionable in my culture as it might be for someone to call a Scot, Welsh.

Just for the record, I applaud the hard work of Marie Curieand I regularly donate to the charity. I just think that in the 21st century, we might have begun to move away such from blatant gender discrimination.

I wish the event the best of luck and look forward to next year’s sponsored Jew baiting in support of cancer relief charities.

6. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    Platinum Member
    I just think that in the 21st century, we might have begun to move away such from blatant gender discrimination.
    I honestly don't think anyone would stop you taking part if you dressed up and raised some money. I think they'd take it in good humour.
    I would certainly take it in good humour if any men turned up on our ladies rideouts providing they weren't trying to spoil the event.

As for the abolition of discrimination.
    No chance.
    You will continue to be (legally) discriminated against on your bike insurance on a gender basis.

7. Re: Ladies Driving Challenge....anyone? 20th March 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1264548738/0#11 date=1264668716]

Sir, thank you for your candid reply, but you really do not know enough about myself to voice your assumptions.

As a mixed race, albino, trans-sexual restricted height person, who has an Irish accent and a lisp who has recently converted to Islam, I have probably experienced more discrimination during the last half an hour than a any white, middle class inhabitant of a small provincial town has been subjected to in an entire lifetime.
    Additionally, as partly of Finno-Ugric extraction, I must object strongly to being accused of being a troll, as this is as objectionable in my culture as it might be for someone to call a Scot, Welsh.

Just for the record, I applaud the hard work of Marie Curieand I regularly donate to the charity. I just think that in the 21st century, we might have begun to move away such from blatant gender discrimination.

I wish the event the best of luck and look forward to next year’s sponsored Jew baiting in support of cancer relief charities.
    [/quote]

No, no, no you are wrong Sir.

She really really really is ........................... a girl!

I'm up for dressing up and going out for a rideout with the girls. ;D

Come on JD, Rinsky - nows your chance.