Notices

Thread: FAO ABLE TRAINING

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    That does look good....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Aah, memories... You know when you've had a good weekend at the Pod, you come home dehydrated, sunburnt, and slightly deaf... ;D 8-) ;D 8-) :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Aah, memories... You know when you've had a good weekend at the Pod, you come home dehydrated, sunburnt, and slightly deaf... ;D 8-) ;D 8-) :
    Where's 'hungover'? ;D

Been going since the mid-80's. Love the atmosphere, interesting engineering, noise, speed, and attractive young fillies... [smiley=happy.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Sweet - once I get space I will get a decent yank muscle car
    The only decent Yank Muscle came from the mid '60's up to the early '70's. Mopar carried on producing some good muscle up to about '74, but after that everything had too much smog gear on it. The Camaro's and Trans Am's were pretty pathetic considering the motors they had. A '78 Trans Am with a 6.6 litre V8 could barely muster 200bhp. In '68, the Dodge Charger came with 6.3 litres and 335bhp. Mine had a 440 bored 0.030" over (446ci), or 7.3 litres, and with a few mods was making around 450bhp, and around 500ft/lb of torque. Although it was still a heavy old beast at around two tons, it still managed to pull 13.5 secs @ 98mph down the quarter. And they're no where near as bad as people think at going round corners. It's just that American power steering is way too light, so you can't feel what's going on. There's plenty of grip there. What lets them down is the brakes. They are awful. Having said that, we are talking 1968, and British cars didn't exactly stop on a dime either.

The black Charger in the 2nd picture is one of the guys in the car club. It runs the same 440, but bored and strked to 605ci. That's 9.8 litres! It makes about 800bhp without the nitrous. Best time so far is 10.0 secs @ 140mph. It's road legal, and full weight. There's a couple of Challengers running low 9 second passes at over 150mph.

But of course, if you want a SERIOUS street car, there's Andy Frost's Red Victor I. It's running a big block Chevy, bored and stroked to nearly 10 litres, with twin turbo's, and about 2100bhp! And it's road legal. And it pulls 7.7 secs @ 191mph! 0 - 60 mph in 1 second! 8-)
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Platinum Member
    I don't want to do drag racing I just want a gas guzzler I love the look of them rather than getting to 0-60 as quick as possible (thats what bikes are for) One day I do want an Eleanor or a true cobra not a Rover powered Airfix fit

But tbh I'd be happy with anything - though you say their under powered I still love the Trans am

6. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    I don't want to do drag racing I just want a gas guzzler I love the look of them rather than getting to 0-60 as quick as possible (thats what bikes are for) One day I do want an Eleanor or a true cobra not a Rover powered Airfix fit

But tbh I'd be happy with anything - though you say their under powered I still love the Trans am
    Smokey and the Bandit fan. I've always preferred Bullitt... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's all good though. Better than the everyday mundane tin shuffling around on our roads, getting in the way of a decent bike ride.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Platinum Member
    Hmmmmmm Bullitt love the chase scene sounds of the engines on surround sound [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Nothing fake about the car chase in Bullitt, unlike most modern films... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Think you two should get a room :-*

10. Re: FAO ABLE TRAINING 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    Think you two should get a room :-*

No cos that would make Billy jealous someone getting some action