Notices

Thread: Banned Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Banned Member 
    I think most of us use some sort of industrial language at times when talking to people but at least then you get the context which is lost in the written word. So I am happy not to see swear words.

2. Re: Banned Member 
    I don't wish to come down on any particular side of this matter as I don't know the full details, and what's more I don't need to. But I think Rich makes a very good point about comments remaining on the forum long after they are made. Although not quite the same I have seen lots of things written in haste in an email that have come back later to bite the sender hard.

3. Re: Banned Member 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SBQE2
    I don't wish to come down on any particular side of this matter as I don't know the full details, and what's more I don't need to. But I think Rich makes a very good point about comments remaining on the forum long after they are made. Although not quite the same I have seen lots of things written in haste in an email that have come back later to bite the sender hard.

I was taken to court and they were trying to use letters I wrote over a decade ago, where there was a lot of wound up me writting how I felt it. I was mortified! But luckily, the judge said it was completely irrelevant and nothing more about it was said. That made me think twice before leaving things in print though, you never know where your words might end up in ten years time...

4. Re: Banned Member 
    I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

5. Re: Banned Member 
    The swear word filter has been slackened bar a few taboo words so it is down to the individual now on what they want to say and how they want to say it.

The majority of forums that have no filters tend to naturally promote 'self censoring' of the members anyway and I'm sure ours will go that way also judging by the posts on this thread.

8-)
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

6. Re: Banned Member 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

It was just my son's dad, wanting custody of my baby. I did let the lioness out, I must admit, but, most of the time I'm a sweetie. Steve, if you read this, shut up!!! ;D

7. Re: Banned Member 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1274044149/15#23 date=1274365200]I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

It was just my son's dad, wanting custody of my baby. I did let the lioness out, I must admit, but, most of the time I'm a sweetie. Steve, if you read this, shut up!!! ;D
    [/quote]

hhahaahahaahahah [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Say it like it is girlfriend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Banned Member 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nico_stew
    [quote author=Morticia link=1274044149/15#25 date=1274380388][quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1274044149/15#23 date=1274365200]I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

[/quote]

hhahaahahaahahah [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Say it like it is girlfriend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    [/quote]
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Banned Member 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1274044149/15#23 date=1274365200]I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

[/quote]
    I'm hoping the "lioness" is a metaphor......

10. Re: Banned Member 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Morticia link=1274044149/15#25 date=1274380388][quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1274044149/15#23 date=1274365200]I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

[/quote]
    I'm hoping the "lioness" is a metaphor......[/quote]

Afraid not. I even growl! ;D