Notices

Thread: Our Small Amble (!)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Our Small Amble (!) 
    Sean (Finbar) and I have decided to go for a small amble (!) from Ilfracombe to Bulford as part of Project 65 - on foot not bikes! ;D This is 131 miles and will mean walking 5 marathons over 5 days! And some of the routes are over pretty arduous terrain!

Therefore, our plea on here is that you visit our Just Giving charity page and donate a few quid for our cause which is to help 6 organisations whom support wounded ex-service personnel and bereaved families. This is part of a large organised Forces March which they hope will become an Annual Event.

We are hoping the big man is looking down on us and gives us nice weather as we are camping in between! :

Here is weblink http://www.justgiving.com/Gemma-Sean

Please guys, dig deep! We'll post some pictures of our blisters in return! ;D

2. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    wow that's a hell of a challenge! good luck to you both
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    Diamond Member
    Very impressed...

I did a couple of 26 mile walks when a lot younger but five in a row is more then tough !
    Are we taking bets on who will cross the line first, you or Sean, I figure you have longer legs, but I recon Sean is a bit of of a dark horse 8-)

If you want some company for a day (only one you understand) let me know and I'll bring some plasters, red bull and a car ;D

Well done both, will donate.

Linky: http://www.forcesmarch.org.uk/

G

4. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Very impressed...

I did a couple of 26 mile walks when a lot younger but five in a row is more then tough !
    Are we taking bets on who will cross the line first, you or Sean, I figure you have longer legs, but I recon Sean is a bit of of a dark horse 8-)

If you want some company for a day (only one you understand) let me know and I'll bring some plasters, red bull and a car ;D

Well done both, will donate.

Linky: http://www.forcesmarch.org.uk/

G
    Thankyou Gerry - you'll hopefully get the ball rolling!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Only just set up the page!

The plasters will be very welcome, the Red Bull will make me want to run it and then collapse and die and the car is just too tempting! ;D

You could bring us a couple of steak 'n' chips along though - the menu they are serving us looks like porridge for breakfast every day, pasta for dinner and roadside weeds during the day!! Unless you are organised and take something with you of course! Sean and I hoped we could stop off at a pub for lunch but it looks like it really is a 'Forces March'! ;D Definitely no taking it easy! ;D

Let's hope our support vehicle have some goodies! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I know they are going to stash a demi-john of my homebrew wine for us though! God, how welcome will that be after 26 miles!! ;D

5. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    Good luck to both of you, I like a walk but that's just silly!! I'll definately sponsor you but I'll give you the money in person if that's ok.
    It's all about the ride!

6. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    Done! But I still think you are mad!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    Did I agree to this?...seemed like a good idea at the time but looking at the walk profile I am going to have to start working out.

I fear Noksey with those long old pins of hers might totally 'bitch slap' me...on this walk...I fear I might be coming up the rear...what! :-?

Thanks for the help Gerry...I will need all the help I can get. I was hoping it could turn into a mega/uber pub crawl but I think there will only be time for crawling! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    Quote Originally Posted by finbar
    Did I agree to this?...seemed like a good idea at the time but looking at the walk profile I am going to have to start working out.

I fear Noksey with those long old pins of hers might totally 'bitch slap' me...on this walk...I fear I might be coming up the rear...what! :-?

Thanks for the help Gerry...I will need all the help I can get. I was hoping it could turn into a mega/uber pub crawl but I think there will only be time for crawling! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Lol! It's called 'bringing up the rear' Sean!! ;D ;D ;D The only place we'll be coming is last! ;D

9. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    At least I will have company. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

10. Re: Our Small Amble (!) 
    We've had 3 very generous donations from WB - thankyou - what about the rest of you? Just a couple of quid would really help our cause....... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Please...................... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]