Notices

Thread: Gemma's walk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    I can only add my heart felt agreement to all thats been said before. Good on you for giving it your best shot. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's all about the ride!

2. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Diamond Member
    You did your best (well your feets best) and nobody could ask for more Gemma.

As I said earlier, 26 miles in a day is more tham most people do ever, so hats off to you.

See you soon.

G x

3. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Well done for trying something which is more than most ever do, you should be proud of your effort [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Well done Gemma, we are all proud of you. No way I could have done anything like it! I'm supposed to be doing Race for Life this summer and thats far enough at only a few km.

Obviously you are disapointed but keep smiling. You keep my pledge money, you deserve it girl [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    WELL DONE GEMMA.....you gave it your best and thats brilliant.........you got out there n gave it a go...good on you flower.....be proud of yourself cos we all are xxxxx

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

6. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Platinum Member
    Very well done Gemma you did so well, it took guts to even attempt this walk let alone get as far as you did. Hope your feet soon feel better.

7. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Banned
    well done Gemma [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Thanks guys for all your support - feeling bit better now!

9. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Well done Gemma...thought you were bonkers even to try it

10. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Went down to the finish today to watch them all come in - many injured, but what a courageous bunch of people! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Hats off to them all!

One guy ran them all in under 3.5hrs finishing first every day About 20 people dropped out in all and one guy had 21 infected blisters by the end of day 3 when he was forced to stop. One girl had only run 15 miles prior to this event and ran all 5 marathons although looked like she might lose the top of her toe by the finish Interestingly, everyone headed straight for the ice-cream van after the finish line! ;D Although Guiness and cider came a close second! ;D

The spirit and camaraderie of everyone was incredible and if anyone needs inspiration in life then these guys / gals are the ones that give it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]