Notices

Thread: Gemma's walk.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Diamond Member
    Nothing here... :-?

She should be camped right in the middle of Exmoor tonight so the phone signal may be crappy.

Either that or she turned right and followed some random rambler into Cornwall ;D ;D ;D

2. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Gone to Gemmaland maybe

3. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Platinum Member
    Hope Gemma is doing well and her feet hold out.

4. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Two days down,she'll soon be halfway, then she'll be on the home run. If you're reading this Gemma, well done, keep pushing on,Monday evening you'll feel on top of the world! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

5. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Gonna cry again now reading all your support :'(

Very sad and disappointed to say the least - have had to pull out as feet were ruined. :'( Advised not to walk but even without this advice I could not have done another step. That was by far the hardest thing I have EVER done. Walked the 1st day - 27.8 miles of mainly hills and it took me 9hr 41 mins. I was last and would not have finished at all if it wasn't for some army lads that got me through. Cried on and off for about the last 8 miles and got so cold towards the end my brain went. The lads told the organisers I was shot away!! Delirious Gemmaland this time me thinks!! ;D

Met some wonderful people, all who are hardcore marathon walkers / runners - one lady completed her 150th on Thursday! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I shall still be going to Bulford to cheer them all in as I now know how tough this challenge is and have nothing but respect and admiration for them all. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

This challenge was a bit beyond me, but it's an Annual Event so there's always next year! Although, right now, with the pain in my feet, knee and hips and complete exhaustion, I never want to walk anywhere ever again!

As only completed 1 out of the 5 if anyone would like their sponsorship money back just let me know.

And Gerry, yes I did nearly follow a random rambler in Ilfracombe, but got shouted at that I was going the wrong way and turned round! ;D

6. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    I don't want my money back, full of admiration for you girl, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] been there done it know what it's like, and I didn't have another 4 days in front of me either!
    Well done for putting yourself in that suitation, many wouldn't even contemplate it.
    If you do it next year let me know and I'll gladly train with you, but can't do walk as I'm commited (yep I should be ;D ) to my own charity event next year, 500km cycle ride in 5 days in Kenya!

Please don't tell the men in white coats where I live :
    It's Lilac... not pink!

7. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Platinum Member
    awww - well done lass for what you did - I couldn't have managed a mile!

You should be proud of yourself. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Diamond Member
    I think fair play to you for even trying it, you done very well and should be proud [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And as for never wanting to walk anywhere again, thats what your bikes for x

9. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Well done girl. You did GREAT! We are all so proud of you xxxxx

10. Re: Gemma's walk. 
    Well done Gemma, as everyone has already said, you showed great courage and commitment just to contemplate this mammoth challenge. you tried your best Gemma, you can't possibly do better than that. you've certainly got lots of spirit and I admire you for that.
    best wishes , we're all very proud of you. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'