Bought myself a sat nav as a trip back-up to hardcopy maps.

Found out the Gamin (Nuvi) model only allows one 'via' waypoint. However if you invest in the Garmin Mapsource Trip and Waypoint Manager [PC] software you're supposed to be able to plan routes with multiple waypoints and upload routes from other route mapping tools, e.g, Tyre (primarily designed for Tom Tom but can be used for Garmin).

So ..... invested in Garmins PC software and have been able to create a route in Tyre and upload it to the Garmin PC app. (and is displayed same as in Tyre program - looks really cool). Problem is, when I download route to sat nav, PC says routes been transferred but sat nav won't display route (its supposed to appear in Favourites). I've tried creating simple route using Garmin software and it does transfer to sat nav Favourites option, so PC software and sat nav are talking to one another. I've also tried saving with different file extensions to no avail, i.e. files transfer to sat nav but can't be accessed.

The Tyre program is really simple to use (unlike the US Garmin PC route planner) so am persevering to find a solution.

HELP !

Aaron