Notices

Thread: What's your other hobby?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Diamond Member
    If you like killing things then fencing might be for you.

Some people start it thinking it's a bit like ballet / dancing and a bit airy-fairy, but especially the weapon we use (Epee) is not a bit like that.
    It's "stuff them before they stuff you", and you can hit them anywhere (toe to head) any how, any time (after the ref says fence) !
    You are not judged on how you do it, just how successful you are.
    This suits my awkward Neanderthal style a treat

I fence at two clubs, Warminster on Wed - small & friendly, and Bath on Thursdays - bigger and less so I think.
    We take anybody anytime at Warminster but Bath have three Newbie courses a year. Both have all the kit.

Tell ya what, if half a dozen people wanted a go I'd set a "come & try it" morning up at Warminster Sports Centre (I coach as well) so you could have a go with other Newbies - just a thought !

G

2. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaagsxr
    nice bird gerry [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's nothing like being out in the countryside on an autumn day, sun in the sky, stiff chill in the air, and a nice bird on your fist ;D

3. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    sounds awsome gerry, might even have a go if you decide to get a newbies day together =)

4. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Gerry......your talents are endless..... an impressive list I must say......but you didnt add the hobby of writing!!.....another thing you really are good at [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Anyway, if you ever do go back to the hawks etc....please let me come and watch.....Im fascinated by birds of prey and love watching them fly and hunt etc (probably not the correct terminology) but you know what I mean lol xx

5. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    If you like killing things then fencing might be for you.

Some people start it thinking it's a bit like ballet / dancing and a bit airy-fairy, but especially the weapon we use (Epee) is not a bit like that.
    It's "stuff them before they stuff you", and you can hit them anywhere (toe to head) any how, any time (after the ref says fence) !
    You are not judged on how you do it, just how successful you are.
    This suits my awkward Neanderthal style a treat

I fence at two clubs, Warminster on Wed - small & friendly, and Bath on Thursdays - bigger and less so I think.
    We take anybody anytime at Warminster but Bath have three Newbie courses a year. Both have all the kit.

Tell ya what, if half a dozen people wanted a go I'd set a "come & try it" morning up at Warminster Sports Centre (I coach as well) so you could have a go with other Newbies - just a thought !

G
    Woah woah woah. I don't want to kill anyone i've just always fancied a go at it. It looks graceful but dangerous at the same time. If you have any beginer sessions coming up PM me. Just to fore-warn you i will be crap.

6. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Here's some of the things I like to do, I wouldn't call them hobbies as such because I get paid for it

Me mucking about whilst caving

Extreme clay pidgeon shooting

Being a hooker (I'm the one at the front)

Me playing with my bollocks(fuel bollocks)

I like being tied up

Being a tourist (to the max as well)

I like to be under big things

There's more but I'm unable to put them on here for certain reasons but I'll put this on here to give you a giggle

Not my regular uniform but I do like to let my hair down ;D

7. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Hey Gerry, I remember seeing that Supra around Westbury. Nice looking car. What sort of times did it run at the Pod? I'm guessing with 400bhp, low 13's high 12's?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Diamond Member
    Mark:
    Spot on, hoping for high 12s next month at "Supra-Pod" rear wheel drive traction and quite a heavy car doesn't help. If I can get some cheap drag radials before then then I recon mid 12s.
    This is the one in the club to beat: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthr...t=drag+radials

Rob:
    I'll keep you posted, but I'll sort something out if a few want to have a go.

Beamer:
    Not talents, just stuff I do - and I've had a very long time to stuff in :-)
    "Fly & Hunt" are spot on, although we Austringers usually just say "killin stuff"

Wiltshire:
    Funny, I've never seen it as "graceful" more like just "scary" :-)

G

9. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Another one of my hobbies, being a club DJ [smiley=thumbsup.gif

10. Re: What's your other hobby? 
    Some interesting pictures on here! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Some talented people too

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”