Notices

Thread: Live Music

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Live Music 
    Thanks guys for your input, definitely some good ideas there. There used to be a really good music scene locally but it seems to have gone off the boil lately. I'll keep you posted if I do get to see any good bands and likewise if any of you see of a good band playing post it up here. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's all about the ride!

2. Re: Live Music 
    Sir Audleys arms have got Who's Next , the uk's premier The Who tribute band, playing this saturday from 20:30. They're pretty lively but don't smash up their kit unfortunately.

The pub is in audley road, Chippenham. Should be a great night....unless you don't like The Who in which case i'd probably not bother.

3. Re: Live Music 
    Thanks Wiltshire Builders, I have seen Who's Next and they''re pretty damn good, this is exactly the sort of band I'm looking for, unfortunately I won't be able to go, I have my son coming home for the weekend and I don't think it would be his sort of thing. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's all about the ride!

4. Re: Live Music 
    I'm going to a party up the road so can't make it either. Might slip out when nobodys looking.
    The boys from county hell are booked for september. I'm pretty sure you know who they are. I'll find out the exact date and post it on here.

They had the Killertones the other week who are also worth a listen. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Live Music 
    Sounds like a good place to go, I'll have to give them a call, see if I can get a list of who's playing and when. Cheers. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's all about the ride!

6. Re: Live Music 
    Diamond Member
    The Vic and The Rolly have live music almost every weekend, both in Swindon.

7. Re: Live Music 
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie
    It would be nice if it was a little further afield so we could ride to the venue. I have a feeling that someone on the forum sings in a band (maybe Gladilicious), perhaps she could put on here where she is playing! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yup, Jen sings in a local band called Echo, you can find them at http://www.echo-band.co.uk with a gig listing. Mostly around Swindon but some further towards Trobro (and some in the other direction).

Chris

8. Re: Live Music 
    Riffs Bar in Swindon have some great live bands

9. Re: Live Music 
    Platinum Member
    12 bar in Swindon
    Riffs in lydiard
    Swiss Chalet in Swindon
    Moonrakers in swindon

all have regular live bands [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Live Music 
    Riff's Bar at Greatfield near wooton Bassett has won the UK music Pub of the year 3 times and is biker friendly.

Check upcoming gigs at www.riffsbar.com [smiley=thumbsup.gif]