Notices

Thread: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    just another little point to add about those godforsaken humps (and the height thingy's across the top).....i drive a minibus for disabled and the changes to the access to the shires have made it impossible for the wheelchair users i assist to shop and park near to asda.......some very clever person who has tunnel vision (and only drives a car obviously) has decided to do these alterations without a single thought to anyone other than car drivers (altho i have heard plenty of car drivers complaining too)....letter on the wat to wiltshire times too......although i feel complaints should really go to the company who actually organised the blinking things in the first place.......grrrrrr

>
    Surely this reason alone should be enough to make them remove them - Disability Discrimination Act? How do I sign up if I'm not on Facebook?

2. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    They have improved the speed bump problem but I had a nasty shock when I pitched up in my mini to find that they'd installed them >

I've not parked a bike by the Asda entrance for a while so I don't know what they've done up there but I know that it's annoying to drive over them especially as they recomend going over speedbumps at around 10mph to prevent damage and that's not possible wen you're going up hill and when you have the size that they have in the shires!!!

The one good thing about the speed bumps is that my Tesco Clubcard points have increased

3. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Oh yeah, good work with the complaints though because they have removed one or two of them so it's a start but not really a solution.

Still, you've made them listen and I hear there's loads of spaces there now ;D

4. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Diamond Member
    there is a limit to the height of speed bumps, no speed bump is allowed to be more than 100mm taller than the immediately surrounding road surface, which is why they probably reduced the height......

good luck with the campain :-)

5. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    I work for a pub company and the smoking ban was one big nail in the coffin. I agree that food led pubs should not allow smoking, but wet led it should be down to the lanlord/landlady.
    People bleated at the time that if they wanted to go out for a meal (probably only once a month) that they shouldn't be subjected to a smokey atmosphere. I agree. I smoke and I wouldn't want it when I was eating. It has killed the trade though in the traditional 'drinkers' pubs.
    Darren. If you read this. Has it affected your trade?
    I'm a smoker but I agree with the ban - Non-smokers should always have the right to enjoy a pint without being subjected to passive smoke.