Notices

Thread: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    As some of you local to Trowbridge will know the 'Shires' management have put dangerous speed humps in the enterance and exit to the Shires car park. I originally wrote to the Wiltshire Times a few weeks back to complain that they are dangerous for motorcyclists. Since then car drivers have come forward complaining.
    I am going to keep on until these are removed and hopefully it will be before someone gets seriously injured or dies.

Please sent your complaints to wtimes@newswilts.co.uk and join the Facebook group against them.

Cheers Kev >

2. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    just another little point to add about those godforsaken humps (and the height thingy's across the top).....i drive a minibus for disabled and the changes to the access to the shires have made it impossible for the wheelchair users i assist to shop and park near to asda.......some very clever person who has tunnel vision (and only drives a car obviously) has decided to do these alterations without a single thought to anyone other than car drivers (altho i have heard plenty of car drivers complaining too)....letter on the wat to wiltshire times too......although i feel complaints should really go to the company who actually organised the blinking things in the first place.......grrrrrr

>

3. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    sent my email

4. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    I started a Facebook group against these 'speed' humps' and now have nearly 600 members. Everyone's complaining about the things and some now shopping in Tesco rather than their usual Asda.

5. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    i went over these bumps twice at the weekend and now understand why everyone is making such a fuss!they are horrible in a car so cant imagine going over them on a bike!thats if you can actually get a bike over them!i cant belive some actually thought they were a good idea!

6. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Diamond Member
    I think the muppet whose idea it wa is leaving in January so any luck the successor will remove them

What say yee Kev any developemnts?

7. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    i've been over them on a bike but requires some good slow control

8. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    I went to shires today and i had no problems with the speed bumps.

9. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Still not nice. I had a phone call on the 23rd from the manager in Asda saying he had received my e-mail (and lots of others) and they had been passed on to their property department and they think they can help to get rid of them as their lease is up for renewal soon.
    (Funny thing is when he rang we were shopping in Tesco's!)

10. Re: Speed humps in the Shires, Trowbridge 
    Facebook group against them now has over 950 members with people writing complaints to the Shire's management, Asda (to say they will no longer shop there) and the Wiltshire Times.