Notices

Thread: A big apology

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: A big apology 
    Platinum Member
    NightV1per another thing to consider is how experienced is your pillion it may sound silly but if you have someone who is moving around alot and not in tune with you going into corners it can be unerving even for an experienced rider. plenty of practice both together [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: A big apology 
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc
    I

so i can keep up

For those of u that dont know, ive had my confidence knocked about bends after i lost it on 1 at about 50mph and put myself in the bottom of a farmers field 5 days after getting the new bike.
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    For a start - DO NOT TRY TO KEEP UP - doing that will get you seriously hurt.

If you are on a run and in your mind you are trying, taking little risks, etc then you are riding outside your capabilities.

Most of the people reading these words will have tried and took little risks on the last run they were on. They won't admit it though!!

I started riding bikes at 16 in 1974 - we rode mopeds like absolute lunatics . Falling off was weekly occurance but we did it at relatively slow speeds.

At 17 you could buy a 250cc bike with L plates - I came off that within a month. Luckily I landed on my head ripping a top portion of my helmet off right down to the black lining. That was a good lesson for me and I have not came off since.

Good training will help but at the end of the day experiance counts for a lot.

There is a saying in biking... There are OLD bikers and there are BOLD bikers but there are no - OLD BOLD bikers.

3. Re: A big apology 
    ^^^ wot Del said [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: A big apology 
    Diamond Member
    bike control.......nuff said......
    buy yourself a cheap offroad bike, and go and fall off lots...when you can ride offroad without falling off toooooo much, youre ready for the road.... :-)
    serious tho, offroad skills are excellent for when you have those little moments on the road, a small slip on gravel is not such an issue, locking the brakes etc, putting your foot down for a "dab" when you need to etc........

shame about the expense involved, as that puts lots of people off buying an offroader, but in my eyes the best money youll ever spend........

5. Re: A big apology 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    There is a wealth of information, advice and tips on here from an awful lot of experienced riders, I have picked their brains and taken what they have said on board since starting last year and it has helped me progress so much, you would be daft not to do the same.
    You aint wrong, I go away for 3 months and you are like Ben Spies! (And yes I didnt say Rossi on purpose!)

6. Re: A big apology 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous

shame about the expense involved, as that puts lots of people off buying an offroader, but in my eyes the best money youll ever spend........
    Totally agree i just cant get pass the falling off bit lol ;D

7. Re: A big apology 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    [quote author=roxychick link=1281655918/15#19 date=1281814808]There is a wealth of information, advice and tips on here from an awful lot of experienced riders, I have picked their brains and taken what they have said on board since starting last year and it has helped me progress so much, you would be daft not to do the same.
    You aint wrong, I go away for 3 months and you are like Ben Spies! (And yes I didnt say Rossi on purpose!)
    [/quote]

AWWWW bless, love you too geek! CAN'T YOU COME BACK?

8. Re: A big apology 
    As above...all of 'em. Just keep riding fella. Ive been there as well and had confidence issues. Simple truth is to keep working at it until you get out the other side.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

9. Re: A big apology 
    Diamond Member
    do.....or do not.....there is no try..........hummmmmm.....

10. Re: A big apology 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1281655918/0#3 date=1281684000]To carry a pillion, you need to know the bike you are riding backwards.
    Maybe that's where you're going wrong. Sit the other way round... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Always here to help... ;D[/quote]

Riding backwards.... that is one lesson I would like to see you do.... ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"