Notices

Thread: A big apology

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: A big apology 
    Apart from pillion, I've all this to come, the plus point for me is I read your experiences and they all get filed away, I hope when my time comes I'm girl enough to stand up and say 'help me please'
    {{{ }}} hugs
    It's Lilac... not pink!

2. Re: A big apology 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    To carry a pillion, you need to know the bike you are riding backwards.
    Maybe that's where you're going wrong. Sit the other way round... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Always here to help... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: A big apology 
    You've had lots of good advice and I can only agree, practice, practice practice and confidence will soon build. I found reading books and magazines also helped, I read the twist of the wrist books and a book called Sport Riding Techniques and subscribe to Ride Magazine.

Another useful experience was Bikesafe which is free in Wiltshire.

4. Re: A big apology 
    Big ups for putting your hands up mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] takes some courage to admit it so well done.

I've never been a fan of DAS and your story goes another step towards illustrating why. By the time you passed your test you'd had how much riding experience, four days? Despite Able Training's best efforts, after that little look-see you get presented with a little pink voucher to scare yourself silly with (or worse :'() By the time I'd passed my test and started carrying pillion passengers I'd been riding two years (a year on a moped (purple fizzy, natch) and a year on a 250 with L-plates) so I had a pretty good idea of how to do it - for me the test was just a logical progression towards a bigger bike and being able to carry passengers, not the first tentative step on the road and being able to ride anything I could afford.

If you're nervous or unsure, get more training and ride as much as you can, and as has already been said, don't try to keep up with faster riders or it'll end in tears!
    Best of luck! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: A big apology 
    Diamond Member
    Ride, ride and keep on riding. It's the only way you can get better, through practice. I'm still a crap rider, but believe me when I say I'm a lot less rubbish than last year. And I know I'll be at least a little bit better next year.

I'm more than happy to ride with you anytime, as long as I can find my way to wherever you live...

6. Re: A big apology 
    Diamond Member
    Also, would you be able to ride through the winter? I've learnt a lot that way, my most valuable lesson being not to ride on snow. Took me two falls to learn that though!

7. Re: A big apology 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    Also, would you be able to ride through the winter? I've learnt a lot that way, my most valuable lesson being not to ride on snow. Took me two falls to learn that though!
    lol commen scence tells you that :P ;D

8. Re: A big apology 
    Platinum Member
    you found ur way home last night Morticia so must be getting better at that too lol

9. Re: A big apology 
    Banned
    Thanks to everyone for all the info, advice and helpful tips, also thanks for all the invites for rides i will be taking some of u up on them soon, also i got a link on FB to some videos for ride like a pro and the are very helpful.

Al [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: A big apology 
    well done for holding your hands up.

There is a wealth of information, advice and tips on here from an awful lot of experienced riders, I have picked their brains and taken what they have said on board since starting last year and it has helped me progress so much, you would be daft not to do the same.

The sooner you accept that we all have to go at our own pace and ride within our own limitations the easier and less stressful it will be for you, after all biking is suppose to be enjoyed ... good luck.