Notices

Thread: Dating Tips please?

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
  1. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Hi Billy

Morticia and Scotty are correct in what they say. Although their coaching methods/styles are very different!

Jacde, I do have a dating help site, at the moment for guys, but have a colleague (female) who is working on one for gals. However over 6,000 views does indicate that this thread is popular!!

There's a few clear points here that you need to work on. However it does seem a little like you're very keen on dating and wanting to find a partner.

You need to relax a lot more on the whole dating scene. Instead of going out on a 'date' think of it as a 'social meeting' for a drink, a chat and a laugh.
    Then if it goes well you can repeat the exercise. But it's not a date. In fact it's a great thing to say to someone before as it takes away the pressure. Especially true if someones not dated for a while. Maybe they've come out of a long relationship or similar.

Also a couple of points from your explanation:

1) Pacing

When you get into the whole texting and phoning situation there's a real chance you can screw-up by being perceived as 'too keen' or 'too available.'

As a rule pace!

If you text her and she takes 15 minutes to reply, you then wait a similar period before texting back.

Also think about being a little random with your texts and calls. Remember 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' she needs to be 'missing you' a little.

2) Independant

You say in your email that she's been single a while.

Think about what being single means:

It means you can get do what the heck you like in your own time. You can go out on your bike when it suits you. you can watch the footy on TV. You can leave your ironing in a big heap on the sofa. Or you can clean your house so it looks like a showhome!

The point I'm making is that it brings FREEDOM.

And if you txt/phone all the time and start mentioning weekends away you're changing the status quo.

The FREEDOM is at RISK!

She may or may not realise this and often it's at a sub-conscious level, but the fact remains it will 'chip away' at someone who's been on their own a long time.

Check out the blog as today's posting discusses this in more detail:
    http://tips-for-dating-uk.blogspot.com/

Overall though relax about the whole thing.

Go for drinks with some nice ladies.

On the second meeting take them for drink and maybe something different like 10 pin bowling.

Take them for dinner on the 3rd meeting.

But don't talk about weekends away or walking hand in hand on a Caribbean beach!! It's all way too soon.

It will come, all in good time.

Callum

2. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Forgot to say Davel is bang on the money too.
    A 30 min ride at the weekend is perfect!

3. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Quote Originally Posted by callum

Jacde, I do have a dating help site, at the moment for guys, but have a colleague (female) who is working on one for gals. However over 6,000 views does indicate that this thread is popular!!

Callum

Popular maybe but we're not all laughing with you ;D ;D ;D ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!

4. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    [quote author=billybiker link=1267131759/330#331 date=1280872623]So I sugested we go campling for the weekend on the bike (and a tent!)
    And there we have it, too much too soon! Even if you said it in a joking/sarcastic manner its still too much. A half hour ride out on a weekend for lunch somewhere would have been a FAR better suggestion.[/quote]

Agree 100%. A second date mentions a camping trip to me, and I'd be running before they'd finished the sentence. Then again, relationships have never been my forte.

5. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Platinum Member
    Stay single its a far better life - I'm loving it do what I want when I want and have to explain to no-one - shame I seem to have no time to do what I want when I want but will have soon. I spend most of my time getting fit (decided I want to get to the same fitness when I was in the Marines as a personal goal) and walking the dog

I have done a few 'dates' and 'chat ups' and realised its not for me at the moment - 1 womans phone kept going off so I said are you going to answer that or what to which she said its her husband!! Having just got out of a relationship from a cheating beatch I soon walked away >

It is interesting to read this discussion today. Time passes and questions are the same But it has to be noted, today it is easier to find a soul mate online than in real life. I personally tried several dating apps and sites (Match, Bumble, Datehookup, Happn, Tinder). All of them are popular, though some people use them only for hookups. But you know, they really work. I met my wife on one of them. Do you guys use such services today? Share your experience.
    P.S. Sorry for bumping this old thread.
    Last edited by Kevin; 24-07-20 at 10:22 AM.