Notices

Thread: Dating Tips please?

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
  1. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Hi Billy

To help out here I need to know loads more information, but for starters:

1) How many dates did you go on?
    2) What was the outcome at the end of each date? i.e. did you agree to meet again, and if so, when?
    3) You mentioned she was interested to go on your bike. What did you say to her on this?

Can you also give me an idea as to how much and how often you guys spoke, texted each other etc.?

Callum

2. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Hi Callum

We went out for 2 dates, the 1st was really well. On the 2nd I took her to dinner. The conversation got onto bikes and she let on that she'd always wanted to get on the back of a bike, but never had. So I sugested we go campling for the weekend on the bike (and a tent!)

At the end of the 2nd date she said she'll call - but didn't. So I tried to call the next day - no answer, then sent a couple of texts, but no reply. I then followed up with a couple of voice mails.

I know she's busy because she's been single a long time and is really into her sport.

The only contact I've had was a single text message saying "I'm really busy but I'll be in touch soon"

Any advice would be much appreciated

Billy

3. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    She's probably considering all the candidates for the position and will choose the successful one after evaluating a large enough sample of the eligible applicants. Being too keen is a killer, and continually texting and leaving messages will make you look really sad and needy : Like Morticia said, you've already shown yourself to be a complete pushover, and no girl will respect a doormat.
    Get a ****ing grip and start looking elsewhere yourself, two dates is hardly a relationship is it?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    There is an alternative........give up on the opposite sex altogether and try 'one of your own' lol lol

5. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    I can't help wondering if maybe ole Billy boy and Callum would get further in the dating game by communicating on an actual dating site and not a bike forum : ?? ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!

6. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs. I'd offer but, knowing my luck, it'll turn into some sort of sausage fest ;D

We need to start a singles topic on here so that people can be made aware of those that are single and then it'll give them the chance to meet like minded single bikers (that was hard work :P) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs.
    Last time that was suggested, it turned in to a Hog Roast! ;D

8. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ro
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1267131759/330#335 date=1280934423]Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs.
    Last time that was suggested, it turned in to a Hog Roast! ;D[/quote]

I'm glad it only turned into a hog roast ;D

9. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    [quote author=ro link=1267131759/330#336 date=1280937189][quote author=CBRowner link=1267131759/330#335 date=1280934423]Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs.
    Last time that was suggested, it turned in to a Hog Roast! ;D[/quote]

I'm glad it only turned into a hog roast ;D[/quote]

;D ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!

10. Re: Dating Tips please? 
    Quote Originally Posted by billybiker
    So I sugested we go campling for the weekend on the bike (and a tent!)
    And there we have it, too much too soon! Even if you said it in a joking/sarcastic manner its still too much. A half hour ride out on a weekend for lunch somewhere would have been a FAR better suggestion.