Notices

Thread: We need a revolution

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Re: We need a revolution 
    Nick Said You just Totally contradicted yourself JAYJAY lol .. you say applaud my outlook but you "carry on moaning" Yes we are here for a good time and not a long time , so STOP all this whining and live your life .. Manager / Moderator .. Please Please Please DELETE this miserable T[/quote]

I neither contradicted myself - or got personal. Neither did I appeal to an authority to censor something I don't like! Neither am I a whining moaner.
    If we ignore the plight of our countrymen and women I think we become part of the problem. Only by keeping discussion alive can we put any kind of pressure on our law makers to address the problem.
    I don't think one is a miserablre whining old git for holding that view or voicing it!

2. Re: We need a revolution 
    Guys,

Lisa (Ducatista) has it spot on , its more a case of old folk not having someone to look out for them with a bit of allowance savvy rather than them not having enough allowances to cover their needs. (Either that or keep the old buggers off the 888 online bingo sites! [smiley=happy.gif])

Censorship is not needed , the censors/ media have more than enough I'd even say too much power in this country, look really at who runs this country and you will see its the Media, the Press. They build up peoples opinion try and tell us how to think overtly and not so overtly. Its in the crap you watch on tv, the news, the papers you read. They build people up and then when they've made them the next big thing or are bored with them they decide to cut them down, spread their PRIVATE lives their dirt all over the media and show them as nothing more than HUMAN and yet everyone gasps that these people who have been built up to be almost immortal are just human like the rest of us.

Nobody is perfect, everyone strives for something better if not why do we all own cars, ride motorbikes, try and have nice homes and nice clothes, many of us with the latest gadgets... (who here ISN'T on a PC or Laptop reading this or even a Smart Phone?) No Rooney doesn't deserve that kind of money a week no bugger does,however people continue to pay to be entertained and if they are daft enough to go out and buy the match tickets, the sky subscriptions , the magazines, the replica shirts then these greedy buggers will continue to demand astronomical pay.

No footballers don't deserve this kind of wage and yes Policemen, Nurses, Firemen , Soldiers who are on a pittance in comparison could do with more as could the school system but the facts are PEOPLE PAY TO BE ENTERTAINED..... Nobody would 'Sponsor' a School, A Fire Department, A Hospital or their favourite Regiment.... The Royal Signals ... Sponsored by Cisco and EADS Astrium .... Nope I don't think so !

With regards to this being a country of moaners ... well what else are folk going to do , if you cannot whine it means you either accept it or get out there and do something about it , to be honest I don't see many folk here doing anything about it apart from p1$$ing and moaning about their plight .

Labour folk , you're in an area where you know your vote is going to be wasted , Redken I know Westbury is has a Labour club but its Tory blue through and through. Tories you voted these buggers in lets hope they get it right with all their sweeping cuts and Lib Dems... well you must be over the moon that your leadership sold out just for a little bit of power, I wonder if Labour get in next time if they would offer a power share with them and in turn change their colours to the Italian flag.

Getting back to the picture someone posted from 'V' for Vendetta... I know its an extreme and the graphic novel was actually written in the 70s, last time the Tories got in power , but it is scarily accurate in some areas with respect to the media and actually what could happen.

The world right now in terrified of terror threats, we are poisoned against anyone with a darker skin tone than ours, who are not christians, who dress differently or have different lifestyles. Even tho equal rights for the homosexual community are wider spread fact is that anyone who is not conforming to the norm is treated at some level like an outcasts. Our own community of bikers suffers that as we all know, most of us being reasonably well paid , well behaved individuals with jobs , homes and families and not the stereotype of HA gang members involved in organised crime , or greasy unclean bikers of Quadrophenia infamy , look at all the crap in the press with Wooton Bassett when '1000's of smelly hairy bikers thundered through the peaceful town of Wooton Bassett where nobody wanted them' A rough idea of what some idiot in the Express or some other tabloid rag said about us all who took part in that emotional event .

Gents whine , complain and discuss all you want but be very careful what you wish for .... You might just get it !

3. Re: We need a revolution 
    commando1966
    Well said !! i'm glad im not the only one on here who thinks there's too much whining and moaning going on . Let's all sit back and laugh at Fawlty Towers or watch Black Adder .. im sure Baldrick has a cunning plan to turn the world into Utopia lol 8-)

4. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    Thank heavens that Emmeline Pankhurst and her ilk were moaners.

5. Re: We need a revolution 
    As I posted earlier in this thread, enjoy the argument, don't get personal and keep it on this thread. [smiley=happy.gif]

If you don't want to read it there are plenty of other threads to choose from [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: We need a revolution 
    Blade Triple - Good post - most of which I agree with - maybe not the old folks bit - I'm almost one of them - you think £97 per week is suitable reward by way of pension for 50 years contribution? I think not! And the 'generous' winter fuel allowance as someone in another post said, is £60. I would call that paltry even on top of £97 per week which I spent 50 years paying for, not generous.
    But I digress - I DO agree with the most part of your post.
    Nick - did you read it?
    Everyone else - PLEASE keep moaning! Don't let the right wing press indoctrinate the masses with lies!

7. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYJAY
    Blade Triple - Good post - most of which I agree with - maybe not the old folks bit - I'm almost one of them - you think £97 per week is suitable reward by way of pension for 50 years contribution? I think not! And the 'generous' winter fuel allowance as someone in another post said, is £60. I would call that paltry even on top of £97 per week which I spent 50 years paying for, not generous.
    But I digress - I DO agree with the most part of your post.
    Nick - did you read it?
    Everyone else - PLEASE keep moaning! Don't let the right wing press indoctrinate the masses with lies!
    Also don't let the left-wing press blame the coalition for their darling Blair's legacy.

btw £97 a week is paltry, however i would anticipate that in 30 years there will be no state pension at all.

8. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    Blair/Brown, it's not their legacy we're picking the tab up for under ConLib, it's the bankers. The fact is up until November 2008 (the date of the banks crash) the Tories had promised to match Labour spending and more, so Labour were doing pretty well in fact and it was endorsed by that waxy faced buffoon Cameron.

9. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    Thank heavens that Emmeline Pankhurst and her ilk were moaners.
    Pankhurst was an activist.
    That means she did something rather than just moaned.

10. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    And the 'generous' winter fuel allowance as someone in another post said, is £60.
    Well it's says £125 to £400 on here and I certainly think the top end is generous for a small flat.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensions...nt/DG_10018657

There are cold weather payments on top if it's below freezing for a week.
    It may vary with corcumstances, so that might be what's going on in your case.

I would call that paltry even on top of £97 per week which I spent 50 years paying for, not generous.
    NO you didn't pay in for your own pension.
    That's not how it works (I'm assuming you are referring to a state pension).
    Our state pensions are UNFUNDED.
    What that means is that you paid in for pensioners at the time.
    You did not pay into your own pot for yourself.
    Youngsters now will pay for you.
    As you may have heard we have a demographic timebomb and this scheme is flawed.
    But it's a plain fact, that you did not pay in to fund your own state pension.
    I would entirely agree that it's flawed, but when they set the scheme up a long time ago, very few people actually lived until retirement whereas now it's 80%. No goverment has so far has taken the bull by the horms to change it.

Relying entirely on your state pension has been a bad idea for quite a long time (at least the 20 years I've been working).