Notices

Thread: We need a revolution

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    You are right JayJay, despite the biggest economic boom in UK history under New Labour the gap between the rich and poor widened. Sadly, the economic wealth of the boom years did not filter down to the disadvantaged and poor. Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of pensioners dying from cold related illness etc etc. The right wing media propaganda appears to have succeeded in convincing many people that our economic woes were caused by benefit recipients and/or asylum seekers. Kick the vulnerable and poor because they are easy targets. A bit more difficult for the government of the day to go after the rich club tax dodgers or unscrupulous bankers (which costs the country fifty fold more in lost revenue). Who is funding the political parties? Come the revolution I'll be one of the flag bearers.

2. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    This housing benefits cap is an ethnic cleansing of types, drive the poor from the cities into ghettos in the outskirts. Leave the once poor areas for the rich to develop, for their rich cronies to buy. Hitler/Thatcher/Cameron, all the same.
    One of my personal favourite quotes:-
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    John Stuart Mill

3. Re: We need a revolution 
    The gap between rich and poor has widened but certainly not in the way you lot claim. The rich are getting richer but so are the poor.
    Thing that years ago were seen as luxury items are now the norm. Average people now have the opportunity to excel in fields that before were not available to them.

As for the rash statements about record numbers of deaths due to the cold, that is just not true. It's a well know fact that people are living longer. More old people = more deaths of old people. Cold related illnesses covers a wide spectrum.

As for the views on Tories I only have one thing to say:
    "LORD Prescott!"

4. Re: We need a revolution 
    Shall we all start talking about religion now as I think the politcal debate is getting a bit heated.
    We will have to agree to disagree. Those who voted labour should be put up against a wall deported or shot and those who voted Tory thank you for giving this county a chance. ;D

Only joking I think we should all move on from this

5. Re: We need a revolution 
    Kev I think that's a very good idea. This is a bikers forum after all. They always say you should never talk politics or religion.

6. Re: We need a revolution 
    DaytonaDog - thanks for the qualification which I read much more happily. I havn't seen the report you quote but would like to if you can remember it's source I think it could be an educational read.
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: We need a revolution 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT IN ANY WAY

So winter mortality rates simply aren't true, eh?
    So I guess this lot have got it all wrong, then......

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=574

8. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    Kev I think that's a very good idea. This is a bikers forum after all. They always say you should never talk politics or religion.
    My original post on this thread was a tongue in cheek submission to express my anger at Wayne Rooney's new contract at a time when most of us are pulling our belts in. It was not intended to be political in the wider sense. Although I am calm I do accept that the debate has become a bit heated and perhaps it is time to move on.

Like most if not all of the members on this site I have a real passion for bikes. It's so enjoyable to chat with like minded people about bikes, but what really appeals to me about this site is that I can also chat about other topics in the non-bike section. And when the mood arises I can engage in a bit of banter on the muppet forum. In my personal view the best biking site by a country mile.

9. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=DaytonaDog link=1287875218/30#44 date=1288269893]Kev I think that's a very good idea. This is a bikers forum after all. They always say you should never talk politics or religion.
    My original post on this thread was a tongue in cheek submission to express my anger at Wayne Rooney's new contract at a time when most of us are pulling our belts in. It was not intended to be political in the wider sense. Although I am calm I do accept that the debate has become a bit heated and perhaps it is time to move on.

Like most if not all of the members on this site I have a real passion for bikes. It's so enjoyable to chat with like minded people about bikes, but what really appeals to me about this site is that I can also chat about other topics in the non-bike section. And when the mood arises I can engage in a bit of banter on the muppet forum. In my personal view the best biking site by a country mile.[/quote]
    Something we definitely agree on! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    how did you do that bold print?