Notices

Thread: We need a revolution

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1287875218/0#8 date=1287920963][quote author=SupeRDel link=1287875218/0#1 date=1287905966]Good for Rooney. It don't matter wot job you do - If someone offerered you 230 grand a week you would not say No.

I am more concerned about the amount of benifit scroungers that are living good lives while some of us slave... >
    Yep £850 billion of handouts...to the bankers. There will never be a revolution whilst people direct their anger at those who had no part in this economic downturn we are all suffering. [/quote]

Well said that man. Don't get me started on bankers... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >[/quote]

Agreed! > > >
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: We need a revolution 
    VOTE KEVINB

Forced emergration for people I don't like.
    This would mean jobs for the forces getting rid of them.
    Less people would mean the NHS could cope, less people in our prisons. We wouldn't need to build more houses, hospitals or schools.
    Remember free cat fur coats for the elderly and free cat curry as we wouldn't want to waste anything. ;D
    Beer duty down. Petrol duty down.

3. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
    The continued vitriol against benefit claimants is more proof how our 'betters' rule by division.
    I would agree that there are those who abuse the system and this must be curtailed, but are all those on state subsidies really worthy of a witch hunt?

What about the foreign aid debacle?
    Am I the only one to notice that a 37% increase of current levels was announced at the same time as swingeing cuts to everything else?
    We give millions to India every year, yet they still manage to have a nuclear programme and have just bought a small fleet of nuclear subs from the Russians and send their sailors to Russia for training courses. They have just managed to stage the Commonwealth Games and have a space programme!
    We even give aid to China, for gawd's sake!

We give all this away every year, yet we still have pensioners dying of hypothermia each winter.
    I'm convinced the government is only increasing foreign aid, so we are all so busy complaining about the aid, that we ignore the fact that the banks only have to pay a teeny bank levy. Can't think of any other logical reason to give aid to countries with nuclear and space programs.

4. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
    The continued vitriol against benefit claimants is more proof how our 'betters' rule by division.
    I would agree that there are those who abuse the system and this must be curtailed, but are all those on state subsidies really worthy of a witch hunt?

What about the foreign aid debacle?
    Am I the only one to notice that a 37% increase of current levels was announced at the same time as swingeing cuts to everything else?
    We give millions to India every year, yet they still manage to have a nuclear programme and have just bought a small fleet of nuclear subs from the Russians and send their sailors to Russia for training courses. They have just managed to stage the Commonwealth Games and have a space programme!
    We even give aid to China, for gawd's sake!

We give all this away every year, yet we still have pensioners dying of hypothermia each winter.
    It is not a witch-hunt against all benefit claimants - only those who have no desire to work, believe me there are plenty of them. We could stop paying those who can work and can't be arsed and give it to the pensioners - i like to see that.

We need personal responsibility - round here people are openly claiming dole and working/dealing. They sit at home and watch knocked-off sky on you and I.

I've never been out of work in my life, and i know i live in an area where unemployment is lower than many parts of the country. Whether its been digging up for gaslines, working nights in warehouse or driving a taxi, ive just got on and done it. We have lost a culture of work ethic amongst some.

I agree with the issue of tax-havens, this kind of tax-avoidance is a joke.

Maybe people like me could opt never to be entitled to unemployment benefit and then not pay into it, and those of you who are keen on it could pay more. It would suit me!

5. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    The 'scroungers' haven't lost £40k off the value of my house for me, the bankers did. The scroungers are a drop in the ocean compared to the £850 billion the bankers have cost this country. Where is the work ethic in gambling with my money and future? One day we all may need benefits, why would any of us want to see them cut? Especially if you have worked all your life to be told there is nothing, due to the tories swathing cuts, i can't see any logic in this?

6. Re: We need a revolution 
    Yeah there has to/ought to be a 'social safety net' funded by tax to help those genuinely in need of help as very often circumstances beyond an individuals control can result in severe financial hardship.

Don't agree about the Royals though as I would rather them than some corrupt republic.

Surely nobody could dispute that H.M.Queen has not been unstinting in her duties and bear in mind much of their perceived wealth they are only custodians of. I reckon much would be sold off/given away if there was a republic headed by the likes of say Blair as few of these 'big noises' are truly loyal to their country.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    The 'scroungers' haven't lost £40k off the value of my house for me, the bankers did. The scroungers are a drop in the ocean compared to the £850 billion the bankers have cost this country. Where is the work ethic in gambling with my money and future? One day we all may need benefits, why would any of us want to see them cut? Especially if you have worked all your life to be told there is nothing, due to the tories swathing cuts, i can't see any logic in this?
    I agree to some extent, what was Gordon Brown thinking? Glad i never voted for that shower.

It's gonna take the present coalition a long time to unpick the Blair/Brown mess.

8. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1287875218/15#24 date=1288001167]The 'scroungers' haven't lost £40k off the value of my house for me, the bankers did. The scroungers are a drop in the ocean compared to the £850 billion the bankers have cost this country. Where is the work ethic in gambling with my money and future? One day we all may need benefits, why would any of us want to see them cut? Especially if you have worked all your life to be told there is nothing, due to the tories swathing cuts, i can't see any logic in this?
    I agree to some extent, what was Gordon Brown thinking? Glad i never voted for that shower.

It's gonna take the present coalition, a long time to unpick the Blair/Brown mess.[/quote]

History will repeat itself. the coalition will sort out this countries problems only to be ousted by morons in either 4 or 8 years time who will put Labour back in power and put us back in debt.

9. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Yeah there has to/ought to be a 'social safety net' funded by tax to help those genuinely in need of help as very often circumstances beyond an individuals control can result in severe financial hardship.

Don't agree about the Royals though as I would rather them than some corrupt republic.

Surely nobody could dispute that H.M.Queen has not been unstinting in her duties and bear in mind much of their perceived wealth they are only custodians of. I reckon much would be sold off/given away if there was a republic headed by the likes of say Blair as few of these 'big noises' are truly loyal to their country.
    Custodians?? She's the richest woman in the world in her own right, nothing to do with crown property. Why should she reap £30 odd million a year from windfarm rates??? She heads the biggest bunch of scroungers in the land.

10. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    The poverty trap that still exists today is a legacy from the Thatcher years. The problem is that many unskilled people with families cannot afford to work because the minimum wage is set too low and is not relative to the economy. Eg: Three of the largest supermarket chains have all enjoyed a rise in profits year on year, yet the majority of their respective workforces's remuneration is subsidised by the taxpayer by way of the tax credit system. Scrap the current system, raise the minimum wage to a decent level and means test the companies who claim they cannot afford to pay the statutory rate. Sorted

Unless we give a real incentive to people to work the status quo will remain irrespective of whatever government is at the helm.