Notices

Thread: We need a revolution

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    Wow, I'm gald some good came out of it JAYJAY

2. Re: We need a revolution 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    I started work at 16 years old at Jack Plowrights Motorcycles in Trowbridge , I worked a 48 hour week and was paid £12.00 ....... no pension scheme though!! ;D
    That's a blast from the past. Jack Plowrights.

I wouldn't worry about a pension as all non bike riders think if you ride a bike you will be dead before to long anyway. ;D

3. Re: We need a revolution 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    [quote author=python link=1287875218/90#99 date=1288824874]I started work at 16 years old at Jack Plowrights Motorcycles in Trowbridge , I worked a 48 hour week and was paid £12.00 ....... no pension scheme though!! ;D

I wouldn't worry about a pension as all non bike riders think if you ride a bike you will be dead before to long anyway. ;D[/quote]

;D
    Everything else is shyte

4. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kev
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1287875218/90#101 date=1288876663][quote author=python link=1287875218/90#99 date=1288824874]I started work at 16 years old at Jack Plowrights Motorcycles in Trowbridge , I worked a 48 hour week and was paid £12.00 ....... no pension scheme though!! ;D

I wouldn't worry about a pension as all non bike riders think if you ride a bike you will be dead before to long anyway. ;D[/quote]

;D[/quote]

If we make it to 75 do we get exemption fron vehicle tax? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: We need a revolution 
    Here's a sad report from the Telegraph - just as I was getting exited by my winter fuel payment too!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ensioners.html

It seems that Mr Cameron is no different from his predecessors and pre-election promises are acceptable lies designed to win votes and should never be believed! > > > >

6. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYJAY
    Here's a sad report from the Telegraph - just as I was getting exited by my winter fuel payment too!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ensioners.html

It seems that Mr Cameron is no different from his predecessors and pre-election promises are acceptable lies designed to win votes and should never be believed! > > > >
    Ye John and what happened to the Lib-dems pre-election promise to oppose a rise in tuition fees?

7. Re: We need a revolution 
    Seems the aged are going to have to contribute to Tory funds to pay for the unemplyed masses they are planning - ho-hum - Keith Joseph, the Mad Monk all over again! When will this country ever learn!!

And absolutely right Ken - with tuition fees set to treble guess which level of our society wont be going to Uni?

8. Re: We need a revolution 
    Platinum Member
    EMA payments are also being stopped from january next year this will also effect children of lower income family,s wanting to go into further education, the tories are very good at reducing debt but at what cost ?.I well remember the Thatcher years with mass unemployment and rioting in most major city,s. I just hope history dosent repeat itself :-/

9. Re: We need a revolution 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry JayJay, but it looks like there is more bad news on the horizon with regards to heating costs. Some of the energy suppliers are hiking costs to the tune of 9.4 per cent in December (the norm when winter approaches). Doubless, the rest will follow. I don't know if there is any truth in the rumour that the rise is due to lost revenue as a result of so many of the elderly dying from the cold? :P

10. Re: We need a revolution 
    Maybe so many old folk wouldn't die of the cold if we took better care of our relatives like the Germans do. I know many German family where Oma and Opa (grandma and grandpa) move in with their kids and they look after their own and they don't have the worry of them being warm enough at night , eating enough etc.

I know older relatives can be annoying old buggers and get under your feet but they did after all take good care of us when we were younger too. If my Mam was old and infirm and struggling to make ends meet I'm sure as hell that Kaz and I would have her living with us.

Now while we tend to knock our Asian counterparts in this country for umpteen reasons, the one thing they do well that we do not any longer is look after their elderly relatives.

So I'm adding the way WE as a nation care for our old folk to the pot not just what the government do , that to me is passing off the responsibility of our own family off to the government and other tax payers.