Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
The continued vitriol against benefit claimants is more proof how our 'betters' rule by division.
I would agree that there are those who abuse the system and this must be curtailed, but are all those on state subsidies really worthy of a witch hunt?

What about the foreign aid debacle?
Am I the only one to notice that a 37% increase of current levels was announced at the same time as swingeing cuts to everything else?
We give millions to India every year, yet they still manage to have a nuclear programme and have just bought a small fleet of nuclear subs from the Russians and send their sailors to Russia for training courses. They have just managed to stage the Commonwealth Games and have a space programme!
We even give aid to China, for gawd's sake!

We give all this away every year, yet we still have pensioners dying of hypothermia each winter.
I'm convinced the government is only increasing foreign aid, so we are all so busy complaining about the aid, that we ignore the fact that the banks only have to pay a teeny bank levy. Can't think of any other logical reason to give aid to countries with nuclear and space programs.