Notices

Thread: speed cameras

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: speed cameras 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    we're having a debate as to whether there's actually a speed camera where she got flashed hehe...there's definitely one (well two actually) on the southbound carrageway of the A46 coming into Bath (Batheaston Bypass) but nobody I've spoken to can remember there being one northbound!
    There never has been a northbound camera. There are two southbound cameras, one just after the Lands down junction and one just after the A4 junction.

"there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: speed cameras 
    my husbands a lorry driver & uses that road all the time, says that no camera northbound on the dual carriage.the one at the bottom has a mind of its own as it flashes if vehicles come towards it with nothing coming the other way!!!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: speed cameras 
    something flashed behind me and i know there is a speed camera there!my sat nav was telling me it was there but coz it was dark i couldnt remember where abouts it was!
    as you go north its where the road goes from dual carriageway to single and there is a turning off to the left
    im gonna get evidence of it :P

4. Re: speed cameras 
    the satnav will be warning of the camera on the other side...

I think one of us needs to take a trip up to prove to everyone whether or not there's a camera there...everyone I speak to is convinced there isn't :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: speed cameras 
    Could have been a mobile unit, there is a layby up at the end of the dual carrageway. would find that odd, as that is the slowest bit of the road. Normally the mobile cameras sit in the layby on the southbound side.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: speed cameras 
    plus northbound layby closed, just where dual carriage way meets single carriage!!!!!

7. Re: speed cameras 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Could have been a mobile unit, there is a layby up at the end of the dual carrageway. would find that odd, as that is the slowest bit of the road. Normally the mobile cameras sit in the layby on the southbound side.
    They do sit on the Southbound side but they zap people on the Northbound side from there. A workmate was done there last week. >

8. Re: speed cameras 
    Quote Originally Posted by moohatchi
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1290374708/15#24 date=1290513096]Could have been a mobile unit, there is a layby up at the end of the dual carrageway. would find that odd, as that is the slowest bit of the road. Normally the mobile cameras sit in the layby on the southbound side.
    They do sit on the Southbound side but they zap people on the Northbound side from there. A workmate was done there last week. > [/quote]

Have often wondered about that.... wasn't sure if they could see the plate through the armco.... barstuards.... :P