I did my degree later on in life (well, not that late really - age 24 but they classed me as a 'mature' student! ;D). It was in Sport and Health with Psychology and never led to a job as such, just a large amount of debt which is taken directly from my salary on a monthly basis which I just don't look at as it is rather depressing.

I have got a great job now that I love, which pays OK, but the degree has nothing to do with that. The Charity I work for has put me through various training courses so that I have been able to rise through the ranks and gain promotions over the years. I would advise anyone thinking of going to Uni, that unless it leads to a 'proper' job such as teacher, lawyer, doctor etc.. etc. which you can't do without the degree, to not bother - go for apprenticeships or work for organisations such as Charities which usually offer great training opportunities and varied work opportunities even if the salaries start off fairly low. Those who work hard can prove themselves and find promotions without the hideous level of debt that degrees create. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]