Notices

Thread: "Very Annoying Tax"

1. "Very Annoying Tax" 
    Diamond Member
    I see that the "Very Annoying Tax" has risen to 20 per cent. A new Fazer thou will now cost an additional £262.50. It will be interesting to see what inpact the rise will have on new motorcycle sales in the forthcoming months. >

2. Re: "Very Annoying Tax" 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    I see that the "Very Annoying Tax" has risen to 20 per cent. A new Fazer thou will now cost an additional £262.50. It will be interesting to see what inpact the rise will have on new motorcycle sales in the forthcoming months. >
    Yams are always overpriced anyway. Even if you could afford one, you wouldn't be able to ride it, 5p on a litre overnight!

3. Re: "Very Annoying Tax" 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Anyone old enough to still think in Imperial will realise that means an increase of over 20p a gallon in one go.

Anyone old enough to think in Imperial will also remember when the Conservatives tried a budget increase of just 10p a gallon back in the early 80's and had the rise rejected by a commons vote, despite having a huge majority.
    Not a squeak this time - from anyone!

The British deserve everything they get.
    Not only do we always dutifully bend over, we even supply the tub of Vaseline these days.

4. Re: "Very Annoying Tax" 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=monday21 link=1294255956/0#0 date=1294255956]I see that the "Very Annoying Tax" has risen to 20 per cent. A new Fazer thou will now cost an additional £262.50. It will be interesting to see what inpact the rise will have on new motorcycle sales in the forthcoming months. >
    Yams are always overpriced anyway. Even if you could afford one, you wouldn't be able to ride it, 5p on a litre overnight![/quote]

Dont get me started on fuel costs. I get fuel paid for work, but they cut the allowance in April and since then my 50mile round trip which they make me do is costing me a LOT now the fuel has flown up..... Sooner the weather gets better and I can use the R6 for work the better as that sups less juice than the car does if I keep the revs down and under the power band!