Notices

Thread: Travelling to Ireland

1. Travelling to Ireland 
    Hello brethren! I plan on travelling to Kildare (via Dublin port) for Oxegen Festival, 6th-11th July with some friends (and .orgers if anybody's up for it!), but all the ferries seem to be about £300 return with a car.

We'd ideally take a car, but can bike it to save money, or even public transport to save considerably more. Can anybody recommend any methods?

For anybody who is planning on saying "Swim":

"Hahahahaha".

There, saved you the hassle.

2. Re: Travelling to Ireland 
    Platinum Member
    Stranraer is probably cheaper, then drive down from Belfast. Although i flew to Belfast last September for £60 return with Easyjet, although that's Belfast int not George Best.

3. Re: Travelling to Ireland 
    Might be worth checking an outfit like Nutt Travel to see what they can offer (if anything) - Travelling by car? Shame, as if going by bike you could have had a nice ride through Wales to either Holyhead or Fishguard
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Travelling to Ireland 
    As Scotty said plus there is also Pembroke Dock to Fishguard which is Irish ferries and not much longer sailing than Fishguard which is Stenaline. The time you're travelling Stenaline do a seacat from Fishguard to Rosslare.
    Rosslare to Kildare is only about 65 miles.
    Aer lingus is starting a service from Bristol to Dublin and there is also ryanair, I think there is a shuttle bus laid on from airport to festival, but best check!
    It's Lilac... not pink!