Notices

Thread: jayjay down after todays ride out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Totally, absolutely completely GUTTED!!!!

2 offs in just under a year - both thanks to blind planks in metal cages!!!

This time sadly, although at less than 5mph, the gear lever has pushed the main shaft through the case!! Engine is a write off.

Yes Nelly , the guy did stop after inflicting the damage - but as I walked towards the drivers door he gunned it without any admissions!!

Thankfully as it was on a Sainsbury's filling station forecourt (only stopped by to use the jetwash) it has all been captured on cctv. Plus a sainsbury employee volunteered as a witness as did the couple in the car behind him.

Thanks all for all your good wishes, yes I'm fine - not even bruised! - I'd readily swap a broken arm/leg for my engine tho'

Anyone any ideas where I can locate a 1999 - 2001 955i daytona or preferably Sprint engine?

2. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Platinum Member
    **** sauce, dude. And only a week after bringing it in to me. Hopefully the valuer will offer a bit more if it's written off as it was looking in good nick!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Get well soon Jay Jay , sorry about the bike too :'(

4. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Diamond Member
    Cars people - give them a wide berth!

Remember, only a fool breaks the 2 second rule. I know that's easy to say, but (and he said this himself), but James accident was his fault. After a long ride, concentration drops, we feel tired, our reaction times slow. You need to give yourself plenty of space on the road. Think about the conditions. It was wet yesterday, and if James had kept the recommended 4 seconds distance between him and his brand new VFR, it would be shiny on his drive now, instead of in bits in my garage.

Ask yourself constantly 'what might that car up in front do that may cause me harm' and try to keep your hazard perception awareness up. We were riding in the wet, cold etc and it's so important to factor these things in with your riding and ride defensively. A lot of times, accidents are the fault of the cars, but if we were riding more aware, and defensively, we could have avoided the accident. I'm sure there's a reason why these all happened at the end of the day. I saw a few few 'interesting manouevres' yesterday, given the rain and the mud on the road.

JayJay, I'm really sorry bud. Glad you're ok, and the bike is replaceable. You're not.

It's a jungle out there, you have to think extra hard about where the tigers & snakes might be hiding!

5. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Sorry to hear this JayJay. Is it a total write off or damaged repairable?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Jay Jay, so so sorry to hear of your accident poor bike but glad you are ok

7. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Platinum Member
    Glad to hear you are ok and sorry to hear about your bike.

Admitting liability can invalidate insurance, so it's a good thing he didn't do so.
    He shoudl have stuck around to see if you were ok, but maybe he felt threatened.
    At least he stopped.

But the main thing is that you're ok.
    However gutted you are about the bike, it is easier to put back together than you are.

8. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to hear this Jay Jay - hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction. Shame about the engine, it did sound good as I followed you down the A350 before I peeled off for Devizes last night.

9. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Diamond Member
    Gutted for you mate - it's a stunning bike !

Hopefully it (or another the same) will be back on the road for the best of the summer.

Cheers
    G

10. Re: jayjay down after todays ride out. 
    Sorry to hear this news Jay Jay. I know we only met you shortly after the first blind cage driver initially damaged the bike and then you had that lovely paint job done.

Hope you find something else in the meantime.

kj