Notices

Thread: Vaccinations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Vaccinations 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Which one is it that makes your arm feel like it's been twatted with a lump hammer? Yellow Fever? Personally i think i'd rather have it, rather than the injection again!
    Yup, my arm swelled up quite a large amount and I could hardly use it for anything for a few days, gave me a huge headache too and flu like symptoms for a week, no wonder they gave me it in the first few days of joining the military!

2. Re: Vaccinations 
    Mitch and Dave, Sadists, the pair of you!!! :-?
    No where in my question did I ask you to tell me how painful it's going to be, go on the pair of you, go stand in the corner for 10 minutes :

It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Vaccinations 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Which one is it that makes your arm feel like it's been twatted with a lump hammer? Yellow Fever? Personally i think i'd rather have it, rather than the injection again!
    Agreed! When I had my jabs for Kenya done, all of them were given in the same arm except the yellow fever. Ached like hell for a few days, then one of the lovely chaps I work with decided to do a "pinch, punch, first of the month" - guess where the punch landed!??!? >

4. Re: Vaccinations 
    When I went travelling I had all of mine done at the GP's although I remember my arms aching for days after, both of them so I am guessing multiple ones make you feel like you can't lift a pen

5. Re: Vaccinations 
    Jackie,

I have loads of anti malaria tablets left over (they're still in date) that you can have, which should save you a fortune.

As for your jabs, I've pasted a section below informing you what you'll require as recommended by the FCO

The current recommended travel protection for Kenya is to have yellow fever, typhoid and hepatitis A injections.

These are usually well tolerated but can cause mild side effects occasionally, such as flu like feeling, headaches or a slight rash for a day or two.

There should also be malaria prevention tablets taken before, during and after the trip.

The regimen is currently usually mefloquine tablets (one tablet a week) or doxycycline although this should not be taken by children or pregnant women.

Ask your doctor or practice nurse about all these requirements and they will be able to sort out what you need.

You may need to go to a special yellow fever centre for that injection if your practice does not provide this service.

I hope this helps

P.S. The jabs don't hurt

6. Re: Vaccinations 
    Wouldn't it be less hassle to cycle round Cotswold Wildlife Park or a zoo
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: Vaccinations 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Wouldn't it be less hassle to cycle round Cotswold Wildlife Park or a zoo
    Col why couldn't you have suggested that months ago??? ;D ;D ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!