Notices

Thread: So where are the petrol price protests???

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Diamond Member
    Let's get em started. Old New Labour buckled under pressure from the last fuel protests. >

2. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Let's get em started. Old New Labour buckled under pressure from the last fuel protests. >
    Alas, the Tories are in power now.... with Most of the cabinet millionairs, do you think they give a sh1t for the pesents??
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Platinum Member
    I don't think Labour did a great deal for the working man to be honest (in their last term).

4. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Platinum Member
    The best education just for the rich again, child benefit stopped unfairly, tax brackets dropped to catch a few more in higher rate, vat 20%, petrol £1.30+ at the pumps, thousands of police cut, thousands of council jobs cut, services cut left right and centre, funding stopped for thousands of projects, armed services shat on...i could go on, all in 6 months. ConDem are turning back the clocks to the 70's.

5. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Platinum Member
    The best education just for the rich again, child benefit stopped unfairly, tax brackets dropped to catch a few more in higher rate, vat 20%, petrol £1.30+ at the pumps, thousands of police cut, thousands of council jobs cut, services cut left right and centre, funding stopped for thousands of projects, armed services shat on...i could go on, all in 6 months. ConDem are turning back the clocks to the 70's.
    I think it's the last labour government that made the mess, by not regulating the banking industry properly.
    Of course it's going to be difficult sorting it out, but at least they are doing something about it and not letting our now massive debts get ever bigger. I agree wiht you on one thing though, it's a nightmare and going to get worse in 2011.

6. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Platinum Member
    Thing is, the Tories are even less likely to reign in the fat cat bankers, not with 18 millionaires in the cabinet for sure. I do also agree with you that this recession was caused by the bankers, what is also clear is they are not paying for it. Billions paid in bonuses this week, whilst we all suffer at the hands of the tories, this wasn't wholly caused by Brown, but how easy is it for them to blame him, and we accept it blaming nu labour, and accepting classic tory policies of slash and burn.

7. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Diamond Member
    I am not going to become embroiled in a Labour/Tory blame-game. Suffice to say, that in my view, both parties are champions and protectors of global free market capitalism. History shows us that cycles of ‘Boom and Bust’ have always prevailed, irrespective of which party is at the helm.

I believe The ‘Iron Lady’ may be getting a bit rusty, but Thatcherism lives on under Cameron and his cohorts.

No one can predict how long the current recession will last, or how deep the cuts will go. But one thing I am certain about: Now that the orgy of profiteering has turned sour, it’s not the profiteers who caused the current crisis who are paying the price for this crisis. Check out the Banker’s bonuses as one case in point.

8. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=monday21 link=1296663385/20#20 date=1297196807]Let's get em started. Old New Labour buckled under pressure from the last fuel protests. >
    Alas, the Tories are in power now.... with Most of the cabinet millionairs, do you think they give a sh1t for the presents??[/quote]

even millionaires like presents!

9. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    Do Cameron and his Tribe of Toffs give a stuff about us? Only if fat-cat Tories can make any money out of us are we worthy of any of their attention... > They still rigidly abide by the cult of Thatcherism, making money out of money, not from making things to sell, hence our manufacturing industry is a shadow of its former self and they'll never penalise the banks for screwing the world economy good and proper, and what message does it give the banks? Carry on regardless, you can't be allowed to fail... cnuts >

Big Society - what a load of bollocks, just an excuse to avoid blame and responsibility, but he's somewhat shot his initiative in the foot by cutting the money that it would need to have a hope of success... :: :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: So where are the petrol price protests??? 
    and 13 years of labour spending way beyond the country's means produced ...

until the country votes for politicians who make the people live off what they earn rather than what they can borrow nothing will change. politicians know that won't win them votes so the grand ponzi continues and we kick the can down the road for another few years.

one big ponzi.