Notices

Thread: Police protests?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Police protests? 
    Awe bless.....forum love is amongst us.

IMO...should you be in the public service sector then you should be barred from striking. Police...fireman (fire bobbies?? WTF..Not in my NE), armed forces etc all have a duty and have 'signed up' to do that duty. Time to man up and stop whinging, or get the fook out.

Tough times my friends...tough times. Roll with the punches.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

2. Re: Police protests? 
    Not a plod fan but bit of a low blow to reduce stated pay rates however all state employees must begin to recognise that there is not enough money to enable annual pay rises combined with too many promotion grades and overly generous pension arrangements.
    That said this conflap gummint after nearly a year are still overseeing massive money waste which they should have got to grips with by now..all in all they have been less effective in the required aims to reduce cost.
    The big problem now is looming higher than predicted inflation added to by their ill advised VAT increase which is an 'easy' tax to add but tax increase is not the answer in a consumer lead economy.
    blah,blah,blah :
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Police protests? 
    Thanks for bringing this back to the subject Col - Hate the namecalling BS..
    Can't believe I'm about to quote Maggie BUT.... There are only so many slices you can cut from the cake -It's about the only thing she ever said worth saying!
    The public sector have been swallowing an ever increasing share of that cake - a share which has to be paid for by an ever increasingly pressured private sector.
    It used to be claimed that benefits in the public sector were so generous because the wage levels were so much lower. This hasn't been true for many years yet they still retire earlier on overgenerous pensions whilst the private sector picks up the bill on an aging poulation living longer.
    Having worked all his/her life paying for the private sector and their generous benefits the average worker ritires in relative poverty while their public sector counterpart retires in relative comfort. Some sort of balancing adjustment has been on the cards for years
    I agree about the VAT rise - Stupid, stupid, stupid BUT a TTT (typical tory trick) and very predicted.

4. Re: Police protests? 
    Platinum Member
    My original post was humoured, if anyone can't see that, or doesn't like it, ignore it or switch off.
    In my defense i'd had a few sherberts last night and reacted to being called a nobber.

5. Re: Police protests? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie

IMO...should you be in the public service sector then you should be barred from striking. Police...fireman (fire bobbies?? WTF..Not in my NE), armed forces etc all have a duty and have 'signed up' to do that duty. Time to man up and stop whinging, or get the fook out.

Not sure where you're from back home but around Middlesbrough and Redcar I've heard the Fire Brigade referred to as Fire Bobbies, normally by the local YOOF who set fire to things then wait to throw stones and other projectiles at the boys in the big red trucks when they arrive to put their mess out . You know yourself how rough it can be back home.

Lis'

6. Re: Police protests? 
    Platinum Member
    normally by the local YOOF who set fire to things then wait to throw stones and other projectiles at the boys in the big red trucks when they arrive to put their mess out
    Turn the hose on the little c*nts. Better still, use them to beat the fire out with.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

7. Re: Police protests? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie

I agree it is time to man up and stop whinging. Time for action, 2nd demo this year and I sense a real mood brewing for some serious manning up. When rank and file police officers are contemplating withdrawing their labour, things are serious. I don’t subscribe to the mainstream propaganda that “We are all in this together” If manning up means, accept the crumbs from the banker’s table and be thankful, then I am a Girlie. I didn’t pick this fight, but bring it on!

8. Re: Police protests? 
    On the whole I think the front line police do a good job. Read a blog by a guy called inspector gadget, yes he is a real inspector. You get a front line coppers point of view, without the bull**** addition that view goes through when it's spouted by the chief constable.

It's true you will get a few assholes, and I am sure that most of them are in traffic, but you get assholes in every proffession, look at politics, but I wonder how many beat officers get a hostile reception cos a traffic officer gave someone a speeding ticket.

On the whole the majority of officers would like to be out doing the job they are there to do, unfortunately with the red tape and bull**** surrounding the job these days they are either spending hours filling in paperwork for some little scrote who has been harrassing his neighbours, or tied up dealing with a nasty text message tracey got from steve, or busy dealing with adultas who cannot halndle their drink. So when you call up to report a genuine crime, you have to wait ages for a response.

How frustrating must it be to keep arresting the same person for the same types of crime, only to see the judge let them off, and you're arresting them again for the same thing next week?

How many over paid police chiefs are getting laid off? how many bean counters and pen pushers? compared to how many front line officers? In fact when you look at the public sector, and how many front line jobs are being axed, and then look at how many middle management and executive jobs are being cut as well, you have to wonder how fair they are making those cuts.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...