Notices

Thread: Japan quake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Japan quake 
    Agree Ken. Absolutely horrific.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

2. Re: Japan quake 
    And then we make our squabbles about the most meaningless things, about fuel prices going up, we still have our cars, about food prices going up, anything not tinned has been washed away and destroyed , about our neighbours and the like, thousands washed up on beaches..... This puts life in perspective and the scary thing is if the earth wants to reclaim something we have in some way altered , damaged or changed it can just wash it all away so we have to start again .

It makes you realise what tiny specks of dust on this planet we really are .

Our thoughts, hopes and prayers are with everyone around the world who are suffering , lost and desperate , be they in Japan, the middle east, New Zealand or anywhere there is pain sadness and tragedy .

3. Re: Japan quake 
    Effects of the quake my be felt here as well.

Apparently Honda had 130 parts suppliers in the troubled area. They have only contacted a few but some have been totally destroyed.

Car plants have shut for the week out there and part supplies may be a problem here soon.

Not really that important when you consider the loss of life though.

I was decorating on Friday and had the tv on in the background. I saw the clip with the passing train. The tv news readers were talking about 1 person dead at that point while showing helicoptor film of houses being swept away.

4. Re: Japan quake 
    Watched it on the news-horrific