Notices

Thread: Time please gentlemen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    While I agree that the international community should stand together and stop leaders killing their own people who protest against their rule, I have to say we are very selective about which countries we decide to intervene with.

I was in favour of removing Saddam, and I watched as their pulled his statue down and people swarmed it, slapping it with their footwear, and for me that was why we should have gone in. My problem with that war is that it wasn't sanctioned by international agreement, the information that was given to us at the time was 'sexed' up for no other reason to gain support, and at the end of the day we didn't go in to help the people, we went in because of the oil.

We sold Gaddafi the very weapons he is using to slaughter his own people, and cameron even took a load of arms dealers to the middle east on his 'mission of peace and unity', the hypocracy in our foreign policy is shameful.

The main reason the west will get involved in Libya they will claim is to stop human rights attrocities, but I think we all know that the government wants to go in because of the oil.

If we are to take the stance that we will only intervene when there is human rights violations, then why are we also not talking about invading the other countries that are slaughtering and oppressing their people by force?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

2. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    VOTE HUNAR!!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

3. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    One of the worst tyrants for oppression and civil rights violations is Mugabe, but he's safe because he has no oil for the septics to covet... >
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    One of the worst tyrants for oppression and civil rights violations is Mugabe, but he's safe because he has no oil for the septics to covet... >
    Doesn't even come close to what happened in Rowanda. 800,000 people murdered in 3 months. Even a wanker like Mugabe would struggle to pull that off. I read 'Shake hands with the devil' by General Romeo Dallaire a few years ago. I couldn't decide what was worse, the sickening acts that some people were capable of or the fact that our government sat back and watched it happen. If only they had oil like Iraq or diamonds like Sierra Leone.

5. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Agreed! >
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Scotty link=1298165196/22#22 date=1300451071]One of the worst tyrants for oppression and civil rights violations is Mugabe, but he's safe because he has no oil for the septics to covet... >
    Agreed! >[/quote]

+1 here >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    And of course Nelson Mandela is a hero too, let not forget why he got locked up in the first plase...

8 January 1982 attack on the Koeberg nuclear power plant near Cape Town, coinciding with the 70th anniversary of the formation of the ANC, the Church Street bombing on 20 May 1983, killing 19, and the 14 June 1986 car-bombing of Magoo's Bar in Durban, in which 3 people were killed and 73 injured.

Chris

8. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Er, Mandela was in prison from 1962 to 1990 so he couldn't really be guilty of the crimes you've quoted there could he? :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJo
    And of course Nelson Mandela is a hero too, let not forget why he got locked up in the first plase...

8 January 1982 attack on the Koeberg nuclear power plant near Cape Town, coinciding with the 70th anniversary of the formation of the ANC, the Church Street bombing on 20 May 1983, killing 19, and the 14 June 1986 car-bombing of Magoo's Bar in Durban, in which 3 people were killed and 73 injured.

Chris

Not sure you're correct with that one Chrispy

But hey...right on though eh....dude...
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJo

Chris

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

The great man was certainly a freedom fighter.