Notices

Thread: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Platinum Member
    If - like me - you cannot STAND having to listen to boybands, girlbands, some "dude" from "da ruff'side a town" rambling along about how big his rims are & how "tuff" his "homies" are :-? then I strongly suggest a visit to the above website:

http://absoluteclassicrock.co.uk/?ut...tm_campaign=ac

Guaranteed NO groups of 15-year-olds "singing" about how tough life is... ;D

Real music, real instruments, real people.

2. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Yep that's the station I listen to, just ruined by really crap adverts >
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieD
    Yep that's the station I listen to, just ruined by really crap adverts >
    And by DJ's who still seem to think that their voices are more important than the record they're playing :

They do play some good suff tho
    Everything else is shyte

4. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Can't deal with ads on the radio. Need to find an alternative to Chris 'talk at you' Evans. (If anyone suggests Chris Moyles there will be trouble)

Tried Virgin for a while until I realised they only had 4 songs on their play list.

I just want to hear decent music and intelligent conversation while I work. Is that too much to ask?

5. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Platinum Member
    Cant stand Radio 1 OR that cat funt Chris Moyles, too much cheesy chart by far...

I guess the adverts pay their wages but could do with less of them to be fair?

6. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Trouble is that those adverts are absolutely essential just to keep the station going. Streaming and broadcast fees these days are horrendous (trust me ) however, i would make like a little cheaper if the independant (most of which are owed by the same group) refused to pay huge salaries to ..ahem...past it presenters. For some stange reason, Tony Blackburn just sprang to mind.
    I spend a lot of time when at home listening to TRULY independant stations and love loads of the internet based radio stations. There are 1000's of em to choose from. love the american mid west stations. I always have Images in my mind of little shacks by the side of desserted freeways with some or other bearded hillbilly croaking down a battered tin mic, hanging from the ceiling with string and elastic bands, lining up vinyl and cds on some old arcaic desk held together with duct tape. Rocktastic!
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    10am on Sundays - Dave Gormsn! I get the podcast of this 2 hour show as the guy is hilarious!!

8. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Excellent, thanks for the tip!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for the link!

10. Re: Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock ) 
    In a previous incarnation I was a programme operations assistant on BFBS radio in Germany. It was the best job I have ever done, but I think you will always get 'egos' when it come to people in the 'entertainment business'.
    Classic FM is often on in the car, but Simon 'whatshisname' ex Radio 1 is on it and he puts my teeth on edge [smiley=evil.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!