Well it is now official I am gonna be a dad for the first time. My wife is 16 weeks pregnant, we've had the scans, infact we've had 2 sets of scans as we thought she'd miscarriaged at 8 weeks but thankgod everything went well. Baby is looking healthy and in 4 weeks I should be able to tell everyone if its a boy (my first choice) or a girl (wifes first choice).

Loving the fact that when we go to the pub now she always has to drive ;D but hating how much all this stuff I need to buy is costing.

Family took it well, my mum thought I was joking and told me to get serious, my sister demanded to see the test before she would believe us. The wife's mum just went quiet (but we've never got on so its ok).

So far my friends reactions have been relocation as the thought of me reproducing will bring down property prices

Still on the bright side the kid shouldn't cut into my video games time as I do that at work and the wife has made no hint or gesture to indicate I have to sell the bike (if its one thing I'm good at its creating a budget that includes my toys and beer ) although it does mean I will be stuck with my bike for a few more years instead of trading it in, in 2012 as I'd planned