Notices

Thread: On the Spot fines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. On the Spot fines 
    Diamond Member

2. Re: On the Spot fines 
    The begining of the end. You mark my words.

3. Re: On the Spot fines 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    The begining of the end. You mark my words.
    Ye I'm gonna trade ny Fazer in for a second hand C70 - who needs 150 BHP any way? :P

4. Re: On the Spot fines 
    Diamond Member
    About bloody time if you ask me!

How long have we, as drivers, moaned that speed cameras do nothing to catch bad drivers, yet safe drivers who drive a few miles over the speed limit get penalised when it's been proven time after time that speed doesn't kill. Unsafe speed for the conditions does.

Shame it will encourage more dishnesty among our public sector though, and be so hard to actually prove

5. Re: On the Spot fines 
    mmm legalised corruption as plod ain't exactly got an unblemished record.

In news recently a past murder case involves plod corruption, and isn't isolated by any means, so anyone who questions this needs to take onboard the evidence for all to see.

OK so there are accidents, blah,blah but isn't there too much policing,limits, laws, time, money, personnel, cost involved in traffic. TBH you have a job to really speed the majority of time and so what if you undertake some slow vehicle or tailgate for awhile is it such a big deal as long as by in large traffic flows smoothly.

BTW also think too much time and inconvenience to traffic is caused when plod shuts roads/mways for hours over accident investigations. Generally what happened is pretty much obvious. Something that has happened in recent times and a whole industry has been created around it generated by claims culture, etc,etc.

p.s. apparently traffic has slowed with the price of fuel soaring
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: On the Spot fines 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    About bloody time if you ask me!

How long have we, as drivers, moaned that speed cameras do nothing to catch bad drivers, yet safe drivers who drive a few miles over the speed limit get penalised when it's been proven time after time that speed doesn't kill. Unsafe speed for the conditions does.

Shame it will encourage more dishnesty among our public sector though, and be so hard to actually prove
    Just making an observation with this. With a 70mph limit, many people consider it safe to be sitting at 80-85mph on motorways. With an increase of the limit to 80mph I'm guessing the same people will be sitting at 90-95mph.

SF - as one of "your" public sector employees would you be a bit more specific about my "dishonesty" to give me a chance of defending myself?

7. Re: On the Spot fines 
    What's wrong with the courts?? the issue is not the system, but the lack of traffic cops.... does increasing the powers available solve this?
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: On the Spot fines 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1305126476/3#3 date=1305189360]
    SF - as one of "your" public sector employees would you be a bit more specific about my "dishonesty" to give me a chance of defending myself?

Where shall I start?

MP expenses
    School places for cash
    Police bribes

Need I go on? I didn't say everyone who works there is dishonest. Just that we already have many instances of out publicly paid employees taking the p155, do we need to give them anymore excuses?

Or perhaps I'm wrong, and everyone who works in the public sector is squeaky clean?

But shall we not make this another 'ooh no, I'm offended by something Squashed Fly said' type thread and keep it on course? Perhaps that would be better until you've learnt the art of actually manning up when someone confronts you directly and in privacy on something

9. Re: On the Spot fines 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1305126476/5#5 date=1305192898][quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1305126476/3#3 date=1305189360]

Where shall I start?

MP expenses
    School places for cash
    Police bribes

Need I go on? I didn't say everyone who works there is dishonest. Just that we already have many instances of out publicly paid employees taking the p155, do we need to give them anymore excuses?

Or perhaps I'm wrong, and everyone who works in the public sector is squeaky clean?

But shall we not make this another 'ooh no, I'm offended by something Squashed Fly said' type thread and keep it on course? Perhaps that would be better until you've learnt the art of actually manning up when someone confronts you directly and in privacy on something [/quote]

Just pointing out the limitations of any argument or debate when tarring everyone with the same brush. The majority suffers due to the minority yet again.

10. Re: On the Spot fines 
    It always cheeses me off when I see people towing something going faster than they should but slow enough not to get caught on a GATSO. Unfortunatly these things don't know the max spped for a given vehicle, for a bike it can be 70 (road dependant) but not for a goods vehicle or car towing a caravan.

8-)