Notices

Thread: It's a miracle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Now at £1.3799 per litre for diesel in Tesco's plus spend over £50 in the shop and get anotherv 5p off per litre. I'm sure the week before last is was £1.4399.
    I read in the Sunday Times in the UAE they pay 5 pence per litre and the cheapest in the world is only 1.4 pence per litre with the most expensive at about £1.65 (we are in the top ten-Nothing to be proud of)

2. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Platinum Member
    Cheapest diesel in Newbury is 140.9. I went out to a job in Odiham yesterday and it was 144.9 out there!!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Platinum Member
    Was pleased to see yesterday that the garage in Marlborough is still charging £1.50 a litre, i don't think his prices have changed in the last 5 years

4. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Platinum Member
    If it stays that way, this time next year they'll be the cheapest place in the country.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Diamond Member
    I have noticed a few places in Swindon have gone from 141p to 137p in the last few days on black stuff, and even the local Asda had it down to 135p and were sold out in a day of black stuff

6. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Was pleased to see yesterday that the garage in Marlborough is still charging £1.50 a litre, i don't think his prices have changed in the last 5 years
    Having grown up in Marlborough there are many many many things that can be said about that slimeball...
    With all the laws he's broken I'm amazed he's even allowed to still trade. Please please please don't get fuel from there if you can help it. Regardless of the price if he gets no business at all he'll eventually have to sell up and a company with better morals and business-sense can move in!!

7. Re: It's a miracle! 
    That's interesting... someone once advised me not to use a credit card there... there is something to this then..?

8. Re: It's a miracle! 
    I know at one point the company that provides the card usage services refused to give him the facilities as he wasn't paying them for their services. I think that someone probably said you couldn't use a card there, not that you shouldn't (although I'd advise that as well).
    There were issues with the seals on the pumps being broken as well. The guy had upwards of £10,000 in fines...

Plus the guy is just an all round unpleasant fellow (and that's the polite way of putting it)

9. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    I have noticed a few places in Swindon have gone from 141p to 137p in the last few days on black stuff, and even the local Asda had it down to 135p and were sold out in a day of black stuff
    Last Sunday Tesco's in Trowbridge was down to only two pumps with diesel

10. Re: It's a miracle! 
    Noticed another penny had come off today. And although I don't keep track so much, I think the diesel is down by 3p....

Still about 50p too expensive tho ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...