Notices

Thread: Are there any car mechanics on here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Are there any car mechanics on here 
    Platinum Member
    I would visit the engine mounts with a spanner Si. See if you can nip them up a bit tighter. Especially the dogbone one. If the noise goes away at least you have narrowed it down. The engine movement when braking and acclerating would certainly nake some sort of noise and if you have checked the brakes its the next thing I would check

2. Re: Are there any car mechanics on here 
    Platinum Member
    Cheers Si

I have had enough of it now and gonna have to bite the bullet and book it into a garage to diagnose

It is progressively getting worse it seems everytime I drive the car so can't be good > This evening the noise seems like a steering rack problem But I certainly hope not otherwise the bike will have to go to be able to afford the repair bill :-/ :-/

3. Re: Are there any car mechanics on here 
    Platinum Member
    Have you checked the anti roll bar bushes? I recall years ago i had a car with them gone, made a clonking sound, worth a check, and cheap as to replace.

4. Re: Are there any car mechanics on here 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    Cheers Si

I have had enough of it now and gonna have to bite the bullet and book it into a garage to diagnose

It is progressively getting worse it seems everytime I drive the car so can't be good > This evening the noise seems like a steering rack problem But I certainly hope not otherwise the bike will have to go to be able to afford the repair bill :-/ :-/
    I hope not Si! >