Notices

Thread: Just my luck at the mo !! THE OUTCOME !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobs
    Ade remind them of the fit for purpose rule after 14.000 miles its certainly not [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I aggree with that Colin Also it maybe an idea to check with the servicing dealer that everything that was supposed to be done has been, As crankshaft bearing malfunction at that milage is down to either a lack of oil or the wrong grade

I know mechanical items are not infallable but that is ridiculus and KIA should step in

2. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Platinum Member
    Major bummer Ade - Hope you get it sorted, i'd certainly push the "fit for purpose" arguement if they start playing silly buggers.
    Good luck

3. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Blimey it's hardly run in so gotta agree with the others that you surely have a case and the fact it's dealer serviced. This failure at 14k is not acceptable Ade.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    That truely is shocking. Hope you get it sorted and shall be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you get on. Good luck Ade!

5. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    This has not improved my opinion of Kias much either... :-/
    I don't want to just assume they're all awful, so does anyone have a good story about a Kia?

6. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Yes I can report a good story !!

There are other makes to buy Helpful ? Definitely
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    14,000 is more likely manufacturer failure or running dry (no oil)
    I cannot be sure, but you should spent not more than £2k and have engine totally rebuild = new
    Have a second opinion - crankshaft ?!?! I have flywheel broken and have done already 40k with that.

But comparing price of your car I would suggest to preserver the engine (drive sensible, easy and smooth) and wait until it will die. Make sure you have oil levels close by high marking to make sure of good lubrication. Just make sure you have AA cover and when you use them you know you have to get a new car

As soon as I will be back on a bike I am happy to listen to this engine and share my feelings 8-)

8. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Diamond Member
    Just like any manufacturer, sometimes you get a bad one. But we had a picanto (was my first car!) and it was a great little car. Got 2 mechanic friends, both said they were good engines for the money.

When I do get round to getting another car of my own, I'll probably look at getting another. Thinking of a Cee'd.

Ade - sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope they get it sorted out.

9. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Platinum Member
    As above...

Sounds like a shoddy bearing from new to me?

Get Kia to sort it with promised tabloid retribution if they dont.

[s]Strip the thing out & stick a Skyline engine in there & take it drifting. [/s]

10. Re: Just my luck at the mo !! 
    Platinum Member
    Ade - I have two bits of advice.

Firstly get a second opinion.
    One Subaru dealer told us we had a serious problem when it turned out the car just needed some oil !!!!
    (We had something of a rattle too).

Secondly I would be pursuing this under the Sales of Goods Act.
    You have statutory rights and that's clearly not fit for purpose.
    I'd do some reasearch backed up with the legal phrases (fit for puposes etc.)and a bit of reasearch e.g. average engine should last x miles.
    I'd sent them a letter recorded delivery (74p?) and perhaps even mention that I would be pursuing it through the small claims track in the county court. Once your exhausted the polite options of course.