Notices

Thread: Vivi needs a hand...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Vivi needs a hand... 
    Diamond Member
    Vivi has kindly been given a piano (an upright, not a grand) which is currently sitting in a conservatory in Pewsey Wilts.
    I don’t know if anybody has experience of piano moving but they are massively heavy

I can provide a van, a ramp, a pallet truck, tie downs and some big wooden boards, but what we need is the help of, I recon, at least four blokes (five may be better)

Provisionally this WEDNESDAY 22nd. To meet in the centre of Devizes at 5.30PM.

Plan is to go to Pewsey, load up (sounds easy) and drop off back at Vivi’s (Chippenham I think) before going to the H&C to compare bruises, cuts, pulled muscles, wrecked backs etc etc.

Vivi says she would be very grateful to all helpers, so I’m assuming this means something like chocy cakes, free beer and a weekend in Brighton, but we have not finished negotiations yet

Can you help, ?

As Transport Co-ordinator for the project, can you please PM me, as if we haven’t sufficient bodies on Wednesday we will have to postpone.

Merci 8-)

Gerry

2. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    Diamond Member
    I'm in, if someone either gives me alift or I ride behind them, as we all know I have no satnav skills whatsoever...

3. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    hi there we could hava ride out there and then all lift together ??? then to vivi `s for tea and cake ?

4. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    guys, you are awesome!! Gerry thank you so much. I just came home form work, yes if anybody is in, back to mine for tea/coffee and seleciton of cakes before H and C sounds perfect !! (that's just a token while waiting for the cruise which i will of course pay for as well obviously..)
    so i suppose it's like a mini rideout with a piano at the end...
    Think i already have at least one person apart from gerry.. and from the look of this possibly more !
    i could ride over to devizes form chippo at 5 if anyone wants to join me :-* :-*

5. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    by the way the cruise was a joke, thought i'd better put in a disclaimer, i WILL NOT pay for a cruise..

6. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    I'm in.... although I'll have to go some to be in Devizes by 5.30, I don't finish work till 5!!! ;D ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

7. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    We could have a sing-song...... "my old man's a dustman"... "Roll out the barrel" ...."Pack up yer troubles in yer old kitbag"etc ..etc!!! ;D ;D ;D
    C'mon you strapping biker types.... lend a lady a hand!! ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

8. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    See you there. Will be handy for me to be in the area to attend the Wales briefing too.

9. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    Diamond Member
    Anymore helpers, a couple more would be good - please ?

Vivi - where did the cruise come from ??

G

10. Re: Vivi needs a hand... 
    yer could be at pewsey ?? what time ?