Notices

Thread: Persistant phone users

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Platinum Member
    And what is it with every third truck on motorways repeatedly swerving in and out of the hard shoulder??

I passed a Royal Mail artic doing this and the driver was texting!! Is it really that common for so many truckers to be doing it? Thought they'd have more sense what with the intensive training they need for their jobs.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

2. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Bring in the death penalty. You'd only have to execute a couple of people before it was taken seriously.
    We seem to be agreeing a lot this week! lol

3. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Next time you see someone on the phone and you happen to stop next to them, there's 2 things you can do:

1 - rev the sh!t off your bike
    2 - quickly grab their phone and throw it in the back of the car

A mate of mine, ex London courier, used to ride with a couple of piss bags tucked in his nose fairing, when someone did something he threw one of the bags in the car...hahahah, he was a funny chap! good rider he was too...all the creditations and bike instructor and all that.

4. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpssantos
    Next time you see someone on the phone and you happen to stop next to them, there's 2 things you can do:

A mate of mine, ex London courier, used to ride with a couple of piss bags tucked in his nose fairing, when someone did something he threw one of the bags in the car...hahahah, he was a funny chap! good rider he was too...all the creditations and bike instructor and all that.

Really though?

That's all good until they get out of the car and stab you. Yeah bikes are quicker - but they all still have to stop at red lights and roundabouts...

You're better off just riding sensibly, and as safely as possible. If you see someone driving like a d1ck, or doing something dangerous, just stay well back. Why lower yourself to acting like just as much of an idiot as the person you're having a go at? Take the moral highground and live t ride another day. Biking is dangerous enough as it is, without some twat following you home and smashing your face in. All they need is your plate to find out where you live.

5. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Platinum Member
    I find a quick rap on their window with my glove knuckles makes them wake up/drop the phone, lol

Perhaps they find piloting a ton of metal around to be tedious, boring even? Maybe a games console built into the steering wheel & drivers sunblind would give them something to do?? :-?

Agreed on heavier fines & confiscation of their phone...

6. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Quote Originally Posted by kn
    Police should be able to confiscate their phones on the spot the same as they can with an uninsured car that would hurt more than any fine.
    Good idea, just toss them the sim as the phone goes unger the boot

7. Re: Persistant phone users 
    I have in the past gone past on the bike looking at them made the "Phone symbol" with my left hand while shaking my head, stopped the two or three I have done it to, even if it was just till I went past.

I was in the middle of Lincoln city the other month too on the way to work in the car and pulled up next to a car at some lights, the girl in it was on her phone. Due to my uniform for work I guess, when she saw me she litterally threw her phone into the passenger footwell. I can only guess she mistook my RAF Blues for a police uniform......

8. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJo
    [quote author=kn link=1308158620/3#3 date=1308167598]Police should be able to confiscate their phones on the spot the same as they can with an uninsured car that would hurt more than any fine.
    Good idea, just toss them the sim as the phone goes unger the boot [/quote]

I get the feeling a lot of people would stop if it meant losing their precious Iphones to the police

9. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=jpssantos link=1308158620/12#12 date=1308178054]Next time you see someone on the phone and you happen to stop next to them, there's 2 things you can do:

Really though?

That's all good until they get out of the car and stab you. Yeah bikes are quicker - but they all still have to stop at red lights and roundabouts...

You're better off just riding sensibly, and as safely as possible. If you see someone driving like a d1ck, or doing something dangerous, just stay well back. Why lower yourself to acting like just as much of an idiot as the person you're having a go at? Take the moral highground and live t ride another day. Biking is dangerous enough as it is, without some twat following you home and smashing your face in. All they need is your plate to find out where you live.[/quote]

Usually its the other way around though, I tend to follow them home.. lol
    have had a guy going 3 times around the Texaco roundabout in hungerford just to make sure if i was following him or not... tried to deliberatly knock me off the bike just because i was in the lane he wanted to get on, as im smaller I was supposed to move??

Sorry mate... i dont do all the "let they be, sooner or later they'll be done by the police"

I rather go down the shock awareness route, might make them start thinking as soon as they get back in the car.. instead of 3h later knocking someone off their bike, then the police would be too late to tell them off (as usual)

10. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Diamond Member
    Rather you play the hero than me mate. I'll stay safe & live to ride another day