Notices

Thread: Persistant phone users

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Persistant phone users 
    Platinum Member
    Spent 6 minutes monitoring traffic Today.Out of a total 68 vehicles passing me, 7 were using mobile phones.3 were in vans.One woman saw me looking at her using the mobile and gave me the finger!lol Obviously the present policy aint working. Give out 6 penalty points and a minimum £1000 on the spot fine. Use the phone twice and you're banned.That'll do the trick!
    I aint moaning for the sake of it as have had a couple of junction near misses where the driver was busy on their phone failing to stop at the junction! :

2. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Diamond Member
    I saw loads of it yesterday - was on the M25 and it seemed like every other driver was on their phone.

3. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Platinum Member
    The problem is people have realized its an almost unenforceable law. The punishment currently is not major enough to make it a real risk to drivers, only way to make people think twice it to make the penalty for being caught high. Something needs to be done though there is a noticeable difference to drivers awareness when they've got a phone jammed in their ear.
    The worst one I've seen was a woman leant forward holding the steering wheel still with her sizable chest (couldn't help but notice :P) with a phone in one hand, a f*g in her mouth and doing her makeup in the rearview... could hardly believe what i was seeing and when she saw me staring at her* she looked at me questioningly, as if she could see nothing wrong with what she was doing!
    Geo
    * I was a passenger in a car! i don't make a habit of staring at other motorists while riding :P

4. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Police should be able to confiscate their phones on the spot the same as they can with an uninsured car that would hurt more than any fine.

5. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Diamond Member
    LOL girls doing maked in mirrors while driving is the worst, thats what they rekon the rear view mirror is for and the only time they use it!

6. Re: Persistant phone users 
    I've been seeing more and more people using their phones while driving lately. Makes my blood boil!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Diamond Member
    OUTRAGEOUS

8. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Agree. It seems to be on the increase. No idea why, hands free kit is pence these days! Bloody annoying
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

9. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Bring in the death penalty. You'd only have to execute a couple of people before it was taken seriously.

10. Re: Persistant phone users 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Bring in the death penalty. You'd only have to execute a couple of people before it was taken seriously.
    Have you had too much sugar today? :P