Notices

Thread: what is wrong with people?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

1. Re: what is wrong with people? 
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    just collected 1 payment was akward but had to be done
    When I started out I used to have the same problem.
    What I do now is say "I will be finishing on.....so will you be paying by cheque or cash"

You then give them a look that says "I'm a consummate professional, value your custom and respect you as an equal, but if don't get my money, I'll smash your f*cking head in"

The look takes years to learn but is highly effective.

A classic excuse is the old "I need to transfer the money from my other account"

Just remember less is more. Don't speak, just stare at them forcing them to come up with an alternative. As soon as you show any leniency, you're not getting your money.

They're the one who should feel awkward. Would they tell sainsburys that they'll put a cheque in the post?

Hope this helps

2. Re: what is wrong with people? 
    Platinum Member
    I believe you can charge interest on unpaid invoices. And of course the courts are on your side (as are a lot of big bikers).

I've not had anyone stiff me for money yet, but I've had a few people say they're going to turn up for a treatment then never show up, not even letting me know they're not going to turn up (a couple of them from this forum!).

I used to try and get everything ready for when a customer turned up here at home, save time setting up, looking efficient etc. I don't bother getting my kit out of the van until they're at the gate now, every booking is provisional until they actually arrive. Makes you very cynical.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: what is wrong with people? 
    Diamond Member
    lol nige, you have one thing on your side being your in possession of their keys untill they pay, you could sell someone's bike for more than £50 heheh ;D

4. Re: what is wrong with people? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    How about someone who books a CBT, pays by cheque on the day, takes the course, then cancels the cheque the following day. Don't buy your bacon butties form Chris Sawyer, who runs the butty van on Bowerhill Industrial Estate. >
    That's bloody awful!!!!!! cheeky b*stard! >

5. Re: what is wrong with people? 
    Ride-out to bowerhill next then? All order bacon sarnies, then bugger off before paying :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers