Notices

Thread: bike jeans

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. bike jeans 
    Any one used the kevlar bike jeans i am thinking of getting a pair to replace my leater ones as the stiching has gone to buggery ,are they as good as theadverts say will they protect even close to leather? i get free knee and hip pads lol .

2. Re: bike jeans 
    Stacey uses them. Send him a PM. I suppose you really have to have had an off in both leathers and kevlar jeans to be able to compare though.

3. Re: bike jeans 
    leather is the best thing to wear. the jeans are a hell of a lot better than an average pair of jeans. I found this for you with a quick search, cheap motorcycle jeans...
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Pr...e-biker-jeans/
    draggin jeans are sposed to be the ones to have. still wouldnt wear them on the motorway myself

4. Re: bike jeans 
    Cool thanks ill ask Stacey,yer was hoping someone may have known someone who had a slide with some i know how well my leathers cope had a high side a few years ago and went on my head ass n thigh for a long way ,other than taking the black off and leaving few deep lines i had no real damage to them and protected me well for cheap ones.Wasnt that fast to be honest around 60 ish fast enough though lol .

5. Re: bike jeans 
    Quote Originally Posted by newnut
    leather is the best thing to wear. the jeans are a hell of a lot better than an average pair of jeans. I found this for you with a quick search, cheap motorcycle jeans...
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Pr...e-biker-jeans/
    draggin jeans are sposed to be the ones to have. still wouldnt wear them on the motorway myself
    Thank you

6. Re: bike jeans 
    trust me at 60 you would of known if you wernt wearing leathers! i remember my dad pulling stones out of my elbows and hip from a crash at about 40! i had a bomber jacket and jeans on. both needed binnin.

7. Re: bike jeans 
    Bloody hell there not very good at all new leathers then , thanks for that Newnut .

8. Re: bike jeans 
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif] no probs mate

9. Re: bike jeans 
    Hi,

I had a big spill as most here who saw the state of my hip and the pictures of my bike will tell you , hitting another bike side on going thru his front end and forks. I was thrown over my handlebars and slid down the road on my face landing heavy on my chest etc.

My leather jacket is covered in scrapes, the zips destroyed etc. My Kevlar Draggin Jeans that I bought from Fowlers held together. I had bruising on my thigh from the impact with the handlebars and the other rider , you would have got that anyway leathers or jeans and the damage to my jeans is minimal. Yes there is some scuffing and a small hole in them now , I will replace them when I get my settlement, however they held together better than my jacket did .

I would highly recommend Draggin Jeans , I really would. Any company where the owner is that confident that he gets dragged down the road on his @rse at 60mph behind a truck TWICE obviously do the job alright.

There are a lot of 'Kevlar' Jeans out there, but like with anything, you get what you pay for and those who saw my jeans since the accident will tell you that they held together extremely well.

The only thing I would say and this will go for any set of seperates that don't join up is, if you do come off , like I did and go gravel down, it can still give you a nasty case of gravel rash if your jacket rides up and exposes skin..... Personally I'd give Draggin Jeans a massive 5 stars and a huge thumbs up , add to that they breathe better than leather and you don't look as out of place walking round town in them either.

Lis'

10. Re: bike jeans 
    I use Draggin jeans from time to time. I recon they are a lot better than normal jeans, offering at least some abrasion resistance, but I'd never rely on them in the same way as leathers.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"